First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am interested in getting a tune, but would like to find out what companies offer tunes; their price; their advantage over another brand. Any input would be appreciated.
There are several very good tuners out there and it's tough to decide which one to go with. I went with the Livernois tune because they had great reviews here and I like the fact they offer you many different tunes for no extra charge. For $500 you will get all 5 of their tunes which are the 87-89 soft shift and performance tune, 91-93 soft shift and performance tune and the tow tune. In addition you'll get free updates and if you ever sell your Ranger they will tune your next vehicle for free. All you have to do is pay the shipping to send the calibrator box back to them. Their customer service is A+++ and they will walk you through the instal if needed.

The Ford tune will retain your warranty, the tune costs more and you have to have a certified mechanic instal it to retain the warranty plus you have to use premium. When gas prices rise as they are now it's nice to have the option to flash back to the 87-89 tune with Livernois.

Unleashed is another great tuner that @Doc is using and he has posted his dyno results which are very impressive.

I would spend sone time reading through the tuning section to see some of the other reviews.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/forums/2-3l-ecoboost-engine-exhaust-tuning-bolt-ons.5/
Sponsored

Last edited:

TCASMER

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew 4x4; 2019 Lexus ES 300h; 1937 Ford Tudor Slantback
Occupation
Retired small business owner
There are several very good tuners out there and it's tough to decide which one to go with. I went with the Livernois tune because they had great reviews here and I like the fact they offer you many different tunes for no extra charge. For $500 you will get all 5 of their tunes which are the 87-89 soft shift and performance tune, 91-93 soft shift and performance tune and the tow tune. In addition you'll get free updates and if you ever sell your Ranger they will tune your next vehicle for free. All you have to do is pay the shipping to send the calibrator box back to them. Their customer service is A+++ and they will walk you through the instal if needed.

The Ford tune will retain your warranty, the tune costs more and you have to have a certified mechanic instal it to retain the warranty plus you have to use premium. When gas prices rise as they are now it's nice to have the option to flash back to the 87-89 tune with Livernois.

Unleashed is another great tuner that @Doc is using and he has posted his dyno results which are very impressive.

I would spend sone time reading through the tuning section to see some of the other reviews.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/forums/2-3l-ecoboost-engine-exhaust-tuning-bolt-ons.5/
Thanks for your help. I will start reading and decide which company makes most sense.

ntweather

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Sport Package
Occupation
RN
Wanted to know if anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area had the Ford tune done and what dealer they used (would like to keep my warranty).

Also can you use the Ford pass points toward the package?

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
Thanks for your help. I will start reading and decide which company makes most sense.
I can confirm everything @AzScorpion said about Livernois is true! I also went with Livernois after months of researching, (a lot of it was from this forum ?) but for the price, quality, performance, ease of install, and customer service, Livernois seemed to be the best option. There are members here that have had Livernois for a good while, while I’ve only had mine for about a month, don’t ever see myself getting tired of it though, stock was fun to drive, not it’s just seems unfair amounts of fun ?. Good luck!

TCASMER

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew 4x4; 2019 Lexus ES 300h; 1937 Ford Tudor Slantback
Occupation
Retired small business owner
I can confirm everything @AzScorpion said about Livernois is true! I also went with Livernois after months of researching, (a lot of it was from this forum ?) but for the price, quality, performance, ease of install, and customer service, Livernois seemed to be the best option. There are members here that have had Livernois for a good while, while I’ve only had mine for about a month, don’t ever see myself getting tired of it though, stock was fun to drive, not it’s just seems unfair amounts of fun ?. Good luck!
Thanks for your response. Love the stock performance and think the tune will make it more fun.

Sauve30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I’d be interested In it but Ford doesn’t recommend towing with the tune
I just ordered the tune for my truck and within the description is specified that the tune was optimized for towing.

D93FA06F-EF2E-4F02-A00F-4F35273EC850.jpeg

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I just ordered the tune for my truck and within the description is specified that the tune was optimized for towing.

D93FA06F-EF2E-4F02-A00F-4F35273EC850.jpeg
This was addressed in prior threads, but they updated it to accommodate towing about a month or so ago. Prior it was not the case.

Just became available and authorized for 2021s today.

Last edited:

Lawdawg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Haven’t been able to get the tuner to read my ECU as of yet. Keep getting an “Invalid Strategy” when I try to save stock tune. This is on a 2021...

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Haven’t been able to get the tuner to read my ECU as of yet. Keep getting an “Invalid Strategy” when I try to save stock tune. This is on a 2021...
Have you already plugged it into your computer and updated the tuner with the procal4 software?

Lawdawg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Have you already plugged it into your computer and updated the tuner with the procal4 software?
Yup, tried the chat feature on their website and keep getting booted off. They said yesterday the servers were still updating the 2021 tune. No luck so far! Will try again tomorrow.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Ford Performance Tune is pretty decent. Getting about 22 Mixed and 20 City so far over 5 tanks I feel like this tune would really shine fuel mileage wise on 100% highway trip unfortunately haven't had a chance to do that yet.

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Just wondering if you leave your tune connected all the time, where do you mount it and any help on what gauges should be best for monitoring performance. Im a newbie so be gentle!!

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
How many of you went to the dealer to have installed? Will ford know if I remove tune before taking it in for service?

Jax5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Ford Performance Level 2
Occupation
Accounting Manager
Yup, tried the chat feature on their website and keep getting booted off. They said yesterday the servers were still updating the 2021 tune. No luck so far! Will try again tomorrow.
Did you ever get the tune to work for your 2021? I tried last weekend, and couldn't get it to work. Would not download my stock tune.

Lawdawg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Did you ever get the tune to work for your 2021? I tried last weekend, and couldn't get it to work. Would not download my stock tune.
I did today! Looks like they released another update. You should give it another try..
Sponsored