First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I always recommend a tune, I let myself stay out of it this time. But with Dave and his classic schemes to make you spend money, I will also agree with the spending the bones for the dealer installed tune or another tune if you like what you see after some research. What a true Easter egg find like Rick mentioned.
Hey I just throw it out there nobody is making you click on those links. lol

Hypnotised.gif

When I got my Livernois tune they had a $100.00 off sale so it was a great price ($500) for 5 tunes and you can install it yourself. Granted you don't get the warrantee like with the FPT but I wanted the added hp/tq. Now I don't drive it hard all the time but it is nice to have it when you want a few good WOT every now and then. ?
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I just throw it out there nobody is making you click on those links. lol

Hypnotised.gif

When I got my Livernois tune they had a $100.00 off sale so it was a great price ($500) for 5 tunes and you can install it yourself. Granted you don't get the warrantee like with the FPT but I wanted the added hp/tq. Now I don't drive it hard all the time but it is nice to have it when you want a few good WOT every now and then. ?
I can vouch for that as I got the same deal and he did not MAKE me click the links, but he threatened me with Medusla like horrors if I didn't "research" it.?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I can vouch for that as I got the same deal and he did not MAKE me click the links, but he threatened me with Medusla like horrors if I didn't "research" it.?
o_O

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Admin Type. U.S. Navy (Retired)
The dealer service department said the Ford Procal tune I found under the back seat is only working if I have it plugged in, leaving it plugged in and once that is done the device is married to my truck and can’t be sold to someone else. Is that accurate??

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
The dealer service department said the Ford Procal tune I found under the back seat is only working if I have it plugged in, leaving it plugged in and once that is done the device is married to my truck and can’t be sold to someone else. Is that accurate??
No! I asked the same question after I first got my FP tune. The dealer service department returned the Ranger to me, it was connected to the ODB port and on a dash mount (left of cluster). Was not sure if had to be constantly plugged in (no other tune I've had required that), but after "installing" the tune, it's stored in the ECU and the tuner is not needed.

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Admin Type. U.S. Navy (Retired)
Thanks. I really don’t want it and would like to sell it (cheap’ish) but are they correct about it being married to my truck only now?

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks. I really don’t want it and would like to sell it (cheap’ish) but are they correct about it being married to my truck only now?
On the FP website, your "register" your Ranger (the engine actually) and the "part number" for the tune you bought. This links them together and the tune will then be allowed to be installed.

As to transfer ability, I do not know. The tuner device is just a tool to install the tune with, it is not the tune itself. I would guess the device can be used on multiple trucks, but each truck will have to purchase a tune... but not sure. It may be a one truck/one tune device.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Doesn't the FPT module have diagnostic an gauge features you might want to use in the future?

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Doesn't the FPT module have diagnostic an gauge features you might want to use in the future?
Short answer, Yes, but not sure they work if a tune is not installed ? Got mine delivered, effectively, with the tune already installed.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I asked the dealer and he said during the 172 point inspection prior to putting it on the lot they would have caught it and set it back to normal factory settings. I’ll take a closer look tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
Uh huh. I remember hearing about that inspection before my truck was delivered to me with the PEEL HERE dots still on the wheels and 50+ lbs. of air in each tire.
Sponsored