Ford performance oil separator issue

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
You know what they will do right? They will just say it doesn't fit XXXX year rather than change the product.
If that's the case they will lose alot of sales, but they can modify the hose or make a plug to patch the existing pipe . It appears there are 2020-23 Rangers with this same issue so not many without.
I hope your wrong!!!
Sponsored

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Super helpful. I'll keep you in mind the next time I'm looking to buy ocean front property in Nebraska. ?????
Hey! We have beach-front property here.........might be the sandhills up on the Niobrara.........but we got it!
sand.jpeg

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I would have sold you a jar of snake oil for half the price.
I would dig some official Ford Performance hardware in my truck just for authenticity sake. But I don't see the benefit of this one without a simple draining/cleaning process.

Went with a full on catch can.

Only other FP accessory I've seen is the differential cover and as badass as it looks I don't know if it provides any benefit beyond appearance.

If Ford wanted to milk our small segment they should reissue the engine cover with the FP logo ?

OP
OP
Nacho-business

Nacho-business

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I would dig some official Ford Performance hardware in my truck just for authenticity sake. But I don't see the benefit of this one without a simple draining/cleaning process.

Only other FP accessory I've seen is the differential cover and as badass as it looks I don't know if it provides any benefit beyond appearance.

If Ford wanted to milk our small segment they should reissue the engine cover with the FP logo ?
Draining should be fairly simple. Disconnect the two tubes and then it lifts right off the bracket and can be dumped out. I'll probably unscrew the top the 1st couple of times just to see
how much fluid is in there though.

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
?EDIT? I found a solution (a ridiculous one at that) I bought the tube with sensor for $35 From my dealer PN- KB3Z-6758-A. Then I just popped it into the new tube and away we go. The "A" is the sensor style tube. See the additional photos below.

At the risk of looking like an absolute idiot, I'm going to ask for a little help here. I bought the Ford Performance oil separator and downloaded the instruction from Ford; and that's where it all went South. Looking at the photo of my 2020 2.3L and the photos from the instructions...where in the hell is my crank case pressure sensor?? It certainly isn't where they say it should be, which is problematic when trying to install the new tube. Am I just blind or stupid? What am I missing?

20230509_200311.jpg

20230509_200317.jpg

Screenshot_20230509_195202_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

20230512_134258.jpg

20230512_162209.jpg

20230512_163015.jpg
Now that's a solution I could live with! Ya it costs a little more but if your impatient like me it works .

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
So... what happens if this isn't emptied and fills up ? And overflows ?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
So... what happens if this isn't emptied and fills up ? And overflows ?
I don't know if it fills with the speed or efficiency of a catch can but it looks smaller. I open a valve and in five seconds drain mine once a month. Removing the FP part or even unscrewing many CC's seems like a hassle and missing cleaning/emptying it is a potential disaster.

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I saw a video on the Ford separator and it had more capacity than most aftermarket cans if not all if them.

Falk81

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase

That should come with the tune instead of the tiny little stickers!

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I looked on my 2019 and I have the sensor.
I want on Ford Performance website and saw that if you don't have the sensor
the kit part number is M-6766-B23 and not M-6766-R23.

With sensor : https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-R23
Without sensor : https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-B23
Just ordered the B23 version, as it states it will work on 22-23 Rangers and my late 21 ranger has no sensor so it should work. Thx for the find on the B23 version!!

rbern

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger stx 4x4
Occupation
Factory
In 9 or 10 of 2021 they change the routing of some of the PCV valves that might have something to do to it I put a GLT on and mine was the later version which had different pipe routing maybe they got their numbers missed or something I don't know but they did change it mid production year of 21 my kit did not require no sensor hook up so
Sponsored