Ford Maverick Truck Unibody Fully Leaked

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I've reserved a Bronco Sport Badlands for Wifey -- this Maverick truck may be my replacement, especially if it looks this the Bronco Sport (to the C Pillar) and has a Badlands Trim (with the 2.0L)

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
If this has the 2.0 Ecoboost as an option just like the Bronco Sport, which I am sure it will, then there will be some really quick AWD Mavericks on the road in no time after this comes out... Just you wait, this will be a fun little truck. My wife is ardent SUV/CUV and has a wonderful Mazda CX-5 currently, but when I showed her this she was VERY interested. I might try to talk here into one if she doesn't go Model Y Tesla with her next ride.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I think earlier this year sales of pickups surpassed those of cars in the US market and that trend is expected to continue , selling trucks remains highly profitable, esp for Ford GM and FCA, so wise move by Ford to intro a new model, probably relatively low developmental cost as it appears to utilize some design attributes of the Ranger.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
If it didn't have "Maverick" on the tailgate I would say this is the 6g Ranger.
Looking at the contour of the hood and the taillight cutouts, I see Bronco Sport. The bed would probably hold a 250cc dirt bike with the tailgate down- they fit in a Ridgeline.

I'm skeptical about the powertrains. The 1.5L I-3 is "drony" in a '20 Escape IMO; the 8-spd short shifts at too low an rpm. The 2.0L I-4 is starting to show the same P0301-P0304 codes -engine misfire coolant in cylinder that the 1.6L and 1.5L I-4s are experiencing. I'd consider the hybrid AWD, but it will only be available in a crew cab, so a pass for me.

What nickname should it have? Mav? "MavLine?" 'Rick? 'Ricky?

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wonder if we'll see a Maverick RS with the 2.3 and a manual. Or an ST with an automatic would even be ok.

I like the Ranger, but I kind of like speed too.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
would think it might be offered in an all electric version at some point .

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I wonder if we'll see a Maverick RS with the 2.3 and a manual. Or an ST with an automatic would even be ok.

Tune it.
Then lower it.
Ranger Lightning.

Reactions: Doc

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Was just doin a build on a 2021 f150 for fun. It really made the new ranger feel outdated.
Maybe that was just me. Good thing the ranger has all the features I would need and isnt over 50 grand.

But that 7.2 kw power pack and the 36 gal fuel tank on the f150 though. OOOo hubba hubba. ? dios mio

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

:party:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Looking at the contour of the hood and the taillight cutouts, I see Bronco Sport. The bed would probably hold a 250cc dirt bike with the tailgate down- they fit in a Ridgeline.

I'm skeptical about the powertrains. The 1.5L I-3 is "drony" in a '20 Escape IMO; the 8-spd short shifts at too low an rpm. The 2.0L I-4 is starting to show the same P0301-P0304 codes -engine misfire coolant in cylinder that the 1.6L and 1.5L I-4s are experiencing. I'd consider the hybrid AWD, but it will only be available in a crew cab, so a pass for me.

What nickname should it have? Mav? "MavLine?" 'Rick? 'Ricky?
Name Stumpy2 ....2.0/ I-4, I’m all over that setup..Tuners Dream !

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Want a small truck? We got that. Medium size? We got you covered. Oh! A large truck. We got that too!
Until you get to the dealer and they tell you that you're stupid to look at anything but an F150 because that's what you really want. :rolleyes:
Sponsored