First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is the dealer where I got mine. I don’t know what the $3,500 rebate means but this looks like a good deal to me.

C336CB8A-0113-4B4B-B658-18A32B6B99AD.png
Sponsored

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Impressive list of machinery you got there,
Thanks my problem is I don't need a new Ranger as I still love my 2003 Ranger. It is my go to vehicle.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Thanks my problem is I don't need a new Ranger as I still love my 2003 Ranger. It is my go to vehicle.
So was my 2000 S/Cab, until I started (and ended) my last 4 years with HFD as an inspector which found me on the road daily. The 15mpg it gave me (it was a 4.0 OHV with a 5 speed automatic) was eating into my wallet, so I bought a used '99 CR-V, after 3 years the '99 was starting to look somewhat ratty so I replaced it with a slightly better looking '02.
I sold the '00 a few days before Christmas, I had bought it new in Nov. '99 from a broker in Oregon. When I sold it had travelled all of 94K miles, the second person who responded to my C/List posting drove it and paid cash on the spot, no haggling whatsoever.
She was my baby, I pampered her but never let her forget her purpose as a truck.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is the dealer where I got mine. I don’t know what the $3,500 rebate means but this looks like a good deal to me.

C336CB8A-0113-4B4B-B658-18A32B6B99AD.png
An impressive vehicle parked in front of an equally impressive building, wonder what their HVAC energy costs are in balmy New Hampshire with all that glass?
Here in Hawaii we only need to worry about air conditioning in buildings such as that, but still...all that glass!

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
An impressive vehicle parked in front of an equally impressive building, wonder what their HVAC energy costs are in balmy New Hampshire with all that glass?
Here in Hawaii we only need to worry about air conditioning in buildings such as that, but still...all that glass!
In the winter I’m sure they get a lot of heat from the sun shining in the glass.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Probably so, my dealership (Cutter Ford) is located on the west-central shore of Pearl Harbor, they've had all sorts of building settling issues since they opened for business, circa 1970. Last I heard, they are still having issues.

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Is it a full moon tonight? Toyota incentives on 2020 Tacoma are higher than 2019 Ranger right now.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.30.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.31.12 AM.png

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Looking at the incentives in my area at dealers there is 1250.00 in rebates now for XL and XLT and none for lariat..
There is 500.00 on 2020 Ranger.

For the Tacoma it varies depending on model.. Some have zero rebate while others have 2000.00..

But that said the Ford dealers have around 2000.00 in dealer incentives while the Toyota deals are showing none.

https://www.wildetoyota.com/invento...-at-4wd-extended-cab-pickup-5tfsz5an8kx200561

https://www.griffinford.com/new-Wau...r-XLT+4X4+Near+Milwaukee+WI-1FTER4FH0KLA03191

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I think I'm going to visit my local dealer and find a good sales person I can work with and say, "I'm looking for X, only gonna pay Y, please give me a call when you can do that and I'll buy that day."

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Looking at the incentives in my area at dealers there is 1250.00 in rebates now for XL and XLT and none for lariat..
There is 500.00 on 2020 Ranger.

For the Tacoma it varies depending on model.. Some have zero rebate while others have 2000.00..

But that said the Ford dealers have around 2000.00 in dealer incentives while the Toyota deals are showing none.
Roger that. This is for Seattle area. Toyota incentives apply to all models except TRD Pro.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Roger that. This is for Seattle area. Toyota incentives apply to all models except TRD Pro.

It seems to be changing almost daily too...

I think the Tacos are going to be coming way down in price retail which will also hurt resale value.

I was reading a article that Toyota is going to be flooding the market with tacos.

I knew they had a new plant opening up in Dec but it sounds like they are going to be hitting the market soon.

Last edited:

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
I think I'm going to visit my local dealer and find a good sales person I can work with and say, "I'm looking for X, only gonna pay Y, please give me a call when you can do that and I'll buy that day."
I've had conversations / test drives at several Ford and Toyota dealers and the best advice I can give you is to make initial contact via the website, then ask to be put in touch with an Internet Sales Manager. I have found ISMs to be much more upfront, less hassle, and respectful to deal with than the general sales folks. Note that I also treat them with respect and don't waste their time as well which goes a long way in life!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I think the Tacos are going to be coming way down in price retail which will also hurt resale value.
Yes, Tacoma fan boys have unrealistic expectations that used Tacoma's must always hold their value even when new ones start pushing toward what people think their old one is worth.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've had conversations / test drives at several Ford and Toyota dealers and the best advice I can give you is to make initial contact via the website, then ask to be put in touch with an Internet Sales Manager. I have found ISMs to be much more upfront, less hassle, and respectful to deal with than the general sales folks. Note that I also treat them with respect and don't waste their time as well which goes a long way in life!
Excellent advice, another thing prospective buyers should be aware of is dealer holdback, for Ford it's 3% of the MSRP, for Toyota it is 2%.
So when the dealer gives you a sad story about losing $ on the deal, mention the holdback that Ford will reimburse them later, you'd be surprised at their reaction.
I did, back in June of last year when an unscrupulous dealer here quoted me a price that was 8K above MSRP on a 2019 Lariat, yes you read that right eight thousand dollars. He then had the audacity to say that they needed to make a decent profit on the deal, when I mentioned holdback to him he stared at me as if I had green snakes crawling out of my ears.
Needless to say, I told him exactly what he could do with that truck and promptly left, never ever to return there.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks like the dealer split the holdback with me when they sold me mine since the final price after rebates and dealer discount was just about half of the holdback less.
Sponsored