Ford Lowered their Incentives on the Ranger

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Out of curiosity, I inquired with my bank for a 36 month loan on my 2020, I was able to get a 3.25 rate assuming I made a downpayment of 15K on a 40K vehicle. Instead, I will pay cash for the truck.
Glad you won the 'fight' with the back office, I sure as hell wouldn't lose sleep for him, you know for a fact he'll make it up somehow on the next customer.
3.25 is a smoking interest rate. Was it that low because you offered to put down $15K? We put down $7K and got the 3.7% interest rate. Our FICO scores are near perfect though. Well for some reason my wife's is better than mine, even though we all pay the same bills and live in the same house for decades.

People should be sharing in this thread dealers that still have good stock levels with great discounts. For the right price I would be perfectly willing to make a deal over the phone then fly to a location to buy. I've done that for motorcycles.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Maybe they are not worried about selling them right now.. Inventory is pretty low around here after the Holiday discounts so Ford my not be trying too hard to move them. Probably ticks of the dealers though.
Maybe they want some in-stock til they get enough inventory of 2020..
^^^ this. There's no point in letting the inventory get low enough that people who want to buy a truck can't find one. Ford started production of the 2020s relatively late compared to other manufacturers (presumably because they also started slow on the 2019s) so just like at the beginning of 2019 it will be a while before there is significant inventory of the new model.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
3.25 is a smoking interest rate. Was it that low because you offered to put down $15K? We put down $7K and got the 3.7% interest rate. Our FICO scores are near perfect though. Well for some reason my wife's is better than mine, even though we all pay the same bills and live in the same house for decades.
Did you get pre-approved from your bank or credit union before shopping? I got under 3% from my bank, and then the dealer was able to come back a little lower than that. Don't assume that the best rate will come from a car dealer (unless it's part of an incentive where they trade a cash rebate for an APR) and always get pre-approved so you have a starting point in negotiating. In general your FICO matters more than the incentives, and if yours is really near-perfect 3.7% seems really high.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got a rate of 2.74% through my credit union for 60 months with nothing down.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Nice rates you guys are getting. I started at my bank, and they came up with a sickening 4.5% and at that point I told my wife well it's not time to buy. But then out of curiosity, without telling the dealer what they had to beat, I let them see what they could come up with. They shopped it around. Given this chart I posted the other day, I'm still pretty happy with 3.7%. 2020 is trending towards 5%. I got 1.7% when I bought my Escape in 2014 thought. Good year to buy. Look at the trends I think it's just going to get worse.

If I recall my Fico Score was 770 and my wife's was 820 or something. I guess I qualify as good and she is exceptional. We both signed for the loan.

auto loan interest rates.jpg

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Shelby GT350 - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I believe Ford just posted new 2019 Range incentives today. I might be wrong but I think this just popped up.

Annotation 2020-01-06 155047.png

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might be a regional deal because nothing shows up under featured offers for me just a lease deal..
I just played around with the zip code and you are correct. It changed with the zip code. WTF

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I just played around with the zip code and you are correct. It changed with the zip code. WTF

Some areas did not have the full holiday rebate either.. Some areas the Ranger probably didn't sell as well or had more in stock.

orangegrower

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some areas did not have the full holiday rebate either.. Some areas the Ranger probably didn't sell as well or had more in stock.
OK I get it.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
I'm glad I took advantage of the "black friday" deals. Ended up getting mine for $27,500 (XLT), when sticker was $35,200.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you use 03063 for a zip I think you’ll see $3,500 for rebates now. Maybe more.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
The sales manager at my selling dealer (Cutter Ford) was able to locate 2 rebates at $500 each for my 2020 Lariat S/Cab. When going into this deal I was not expecting any rebates at all, so the 1K is an added bonus.
The MSRP on my build is $38,845, the X-Plan out the door price is $37,460 (includes tax, license and $100 doc. fee).
Initially, I had allocated 40k for this truck, it seems to me that the X-Plan program is the way to go when faced with the same situation as I was.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
My problem is I want a Lariat
Don't blame you, I too insisted on a Lariat, I hope to take delivery of it next week.
Impressive list of machinery you got there, all I got is a lowly 2002 Honda CR-V...:crying:
Sponsored