First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I live near the plant that makes the F450 an up trucks. I'm really close to the old Thunderbird/Cougar plant. A guy I used to work with asked me if I wanted to work security at the old thunderbird plant manning a gate to the old employee an new vehicle lot. We both retired from the post office. They had that place packed with unfinished trucks. He said venders would come in an wash them an stuff like that. you had to verify their credentials. That lot has thinned down an they are standing down. I took it as a sign they were able to get chips at a better rate. They may be building basic models, I see lots of chassis trucks with no beds...they may be reducing the tech parts needed to building them by sticking to base models.
Sponsored

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I live near the plant that makes the F450 an up trucks. I'm really close to the old Thunderbird/Cougar plant. A guy I used to work with asked me if I wanted to work security at the old thunderbird plant manning a gate to the old employee an new vehicle lot. We both retired from the post office. They had that place packed with unfinished trucks. He said venders would come in an wash them an stuff like that. you had to verify their credentials. That lot has thinned down an they are standing down. I took it as a sign they were able to get chips at a better rate. They may be building basic models, I see lots of chassis trucks with no beds...they may be reducing the tech parts needed to building them by sticking to base models.
The ones without beds might be heading to coach works and up fitters. Ambulances, rescue trucks, and all sorts of various utility and construction trades use the platform for those purposes.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The ones without beds might be heading to coach works and up fitters. Ambulances, rescue trucks, and all sorts of various utility and construction trades use the platform for those purposes.
I know that....they used to build econoline vans in the same plant they converted to the F450's an send them to the thunderbird plant to finish. The chassis vans came too but I don't remember if they did any finish on them. My brother retired from ford an worked at the t-bird plant for 30 years before heading to Ky to the heavy duty truck plant. That truck plant by me used to have the villager an Nissan quest plant an they say ford will produce one of the new electric vehicles here. We'll see.

AZ Tremor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor Lariat
So, if your 2022 ordered Ranger is one of those sitting, and it doesn't receive it's "chips" till 2023, and shipped in 2023, that means your getting a truck that's a year old already. :headbang:
No worries. Your warranty doesn’t begin until delivery in service date.
Bought a 2017 Mustang with a 2016 production date in June of 2019. JUST went out of the original 36 month bumper to bumper.
Every time I dropped at the dealer for service they would all double take.
Sat on the showroom floor in UT for two years.

delaware

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Yaris, 95 Chevy G20, 62 VW
Occupation
Engineer

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
No worries. Your warranty doesn’t begin until delivery in service date.
Bought a 2017 Mustang with a 2016 production date in June of 2019. JUST went out of the original 36 month bumper to bumper.
Every time I dropped at the dealer for service they would all double take.
Sat on the showroom floor in UT for two years.
Wouldn't be concerned with the warranty...as you stated, it starts upon delivery.
I was referring to the fact that as titled, you'll be getting a vehicle thats a year old as far as age/trade in is concerned.
Lets say you may own it for 3 years, but when/if you trade it in, in 3 years, you will be trading in a 4 year old vehicle, and will probably be rated and valued as such.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Everythings on back order lol
Tell me about it... It took Ford a combined total of 5 months to get the replacement glass in for the rear window. They had to replace it twice so far due to leaks and careless techs who broke the defroster.

OP
OP
Jbrubakerjr

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
So every one of these 18,000 vehs is a factory order currently stuck "in production?"
Not sure where it lands in the tracker as far as being 'stuck', but it could very well be in 'production'. I thought I read somewhere for 'minor' parts they showed completed, but Ford did not release them for shipping until they completed the punch-list of the needed missing part/chip.

Last edited:

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me about it... It took Ford a combined total of 5 months to get the replacement glass in for the rear window. They had to replace it twice so far due to leaks and careless techs who broke the defroster.
That is ridiculous you need a new dealer lol if they can't even fix a window properly....

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That is ridiculous you need a new dealer lol if they can't even fix a window properly....

It was their outsourced tint guy actually. It was discovered that the service sent out a brand new tint installer after they 1st window was replaced. They had pictures of the window install before tint and the driver's side defroster tab was attached. After the tint was installed the tab got broken off and the guy tucked it up under the paneling to hide it. So they replaced the glass a second time and had me take the truck to a tint installer of my choosing and covered the cost.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure where it lands in the tracker as far as being 'stuck', but it could very well be in 'production'. I thought I read somewhere for 'minor' parts they showed completed, but Ford did not release them for shipping until the completed the punch-list of the needed missing part/chip.
So on the dealer side it shows either in plant in transit or here and now they have another catagory for being on hold due to chips or parts so your dealer will be able to see that but if it is in the chip/parts hold or in the plant there will not be an eta for it. once it shows in transit then the dealer will be able to go in visibility and see the eta info but not before, so they should be able to tell you the status to some degree but until it is in transit they won't know how long till it arrives.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't be concerned with the warranty...as you stated, it starts upon delivery.
I was referring to the fact that as titled, you'll be getting a vehicle thats a year old as far as age/trade in is concerned.
Lets say you may own it for 3 years, but when/if you trade it in, in 3 years, you will be trading in a 4 year old vehicle, and will probably be rated and valued as such.
The mileage will make up for that. It will be a wash.
Sponsored