First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Does anyone have any thoughts for what we might see Ford offer the next few months? Normally I would say it's a slam dunk but with the production issues this year, I wonder what they will do to try and move the remaining 19 and 20s on the lots. Last month there was only a $1k rebate. As of today the 9th there is nothing except the 0% for 60 months financing. And that is on the 2019. For the 2020 they are at 0.9%.

Asking because I'm looking at a Lariat SuperCrew 501a FX4 w/ sport pack, tow, and spray in bedliner. I can't get a dealer quote me anywhere under MSRP. I have an opportunity to purchase through the Military Auto Source program, but even that is close to invoice.

I've read many accounts on here of someone driving away in a Lariat for hi 30s. Or even in a nicely equipped XLT for around 30k. Ultimately, you have to decide how badly you want the truck and be happy with the deal. I really want one of these trucks but paying over $40k for a Ranger just doesn't sit well with me.
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Try Heritage Ford in Modesto CA. They have a stock of 2019 although choices are being limited *ahem* by good shoppers :like: They've got 3 2019 Lariat models with about $6k+ Ford cash and dealer discount on mid $40k models. They'll work with you. Contact Dona (Internet mgr) about your interests. (I'm a customer, not affiliated - where I got mine after looking at all available NorCal stuff and I drove a couple hundred miles for it).

Good Luck.

Terry

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Does anyone have any thoughts for what we might see Ford offer the next few months? Normally I would say it's a slam dunk but with the production issues this year, I wonder what they will do to try and move the remaining 19 and 20s on the lots. Last month there was only a $1k rebate. As of today the 9th there is nothing except the 0% for 60 months financing. And that is on the 2019. For the 2020 they are at 0.9%.

Asking because I'm looking at a Lariat SuperCrew 501a FX4 w/ sport pack, tow, and spray in bedliner. I can't get a dealer quote me anywhere under MSRP. I have an opportunity to purchase through the Military Auto Source program, but even that is close to invoice.

I've read many accounts on here of someone driving away in a Lariat for hi 30s. Or even in a nicely equipped XLT for around 30k. Ultimately, you have to decide how badly you want the truck and be happy with the deal. I really want one of these trucks but paying over $40k for a Ranger just doesn't sit well with me.
Just work the best deal you can. Get up and leave. If they want to sell a truck they'll call you. Note: I never believe anyone when they offer to tell me what they paid for a vehicle. Most of the time it's BS. Just sayin...........

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Im eating crow on my predication that truck prices would plummet if the Covid mess continued, turns out it was just the opposite, manufacturing all but stopped for 2 solid months and now there appears to be an inventory vacuum with demand. Some of us got 10k off XLT's for the black Friday discounts.... and yes thats a true statement.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Just work the best deal you can. Get up and leave. If they want to sell a truck they'll call you. Note: I never believe anyone when they offer to tell me what they paid for a vehicle. Most of the time it's BS. Just sayin...........
...and always be skeptical of the guy who says he refused the pay the document fee.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Btw the posted prices are what they work with but they didn't have the $1k competitive conquer cash posted but I asked about it and got that also(don't know if ford carried on after 7/6) so lariat with white bumper (for example) was down to $36+ k. I decided I like the XLt one i got a tad better.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...and always be skeptical of the guy who says he refused the pay the document fee.
......and skeptical of $10k off a $32k truck. A final price of $22k is about 31% below MSRP.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
......and skeptical of $10k off a $32k truck. A final price of $22k is about 31% below MSRP.
heckuva deal! that's lower than a 2wd XL Suprecrew ($24,410)

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Document fees are theft, nothing but theft in collusion with the state.
My strategy has switched to simply informing the "dealer:crackup:" of the amount of the check I'm willing to write.... I drive Fords so I never actually "need" a new one.
As long as I get the vehicle and a clear title I don't care how they itemize or who gets the money.
As for margins.... the "Holdback Scam" has just gotten progressively more deceptive.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Document fees are theft, nothing but theft in collusion with the state.
My strategy has switched to simply informing the "dealer:crackup:" of the amount of the check I'm willing to write.... I drive Fords so I never actually "need" a new one.
As long as I get the vehicle and a clear title I don't care how they itemize or who gets the money.
As for margins.... the "Holdback Scam" has just gotten progressively more deceptive.
When I placed the order for mine last week, I pointed at the $699.00 Doc Fees and said "We have to negotiate this doc fee."

The saleswoman quickly left to one of the nearby offices/cubicles and came back with a $75.00 Doc fee. She apologized, saying the Doc fee for the X Plan was a flat $75.00. Not sure if true.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
When I placed the order for mine last week, I pointed at the $699.00 Doc Fees and said "We have to negotiate this doc fee."

The saleswoman quickly left to one of the nearby offices/cubicles and came back with a $75.00 Doc fee. She apologized, saying the Doc fee for the X Plan was a flat $75.00. Not sure if true.
The way I understand current rules in IllAnnoy..
Illinois passed a law limiting the doc fee maximum, they then passed an antidiscrimenatory rule declaring that every customer for a given year must be charged the same fee. :idea::wink:Dealers then charge the maximum fee on the first sale of the year, then cry that it can not be negotiated :like:

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

There are a few ways discussed on the forums here to get X plan pricing with minimal effort. That's the least hassle. I'm one of the folks who got a loaded Lariat for mid-30s that you describe but it was a certified pre-owned with 4k miles. If you can wait, hold out for some better incentives. Otherwise X plan pricing is pretty good and low effort. Best of luck!