First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Carpenter
Is anyone seeing or hearing of any good end of year deals? I've seen the $1,250 rebate generally. There is also a $3,000 trade kicker, but I don't have a trade. But for XL's it seems dealers are trying to get MSRP, with some adding on junk fees or junk add-ons. I would have thought dealers would be trying to clear out inventory by the end of the year.
Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
3,500 off up here in the Great White North.
Plus I got a little more, but they did not want to negotiate more, I thought they would have cut more also, :frown:
I'm surprised not better discount in US. 3,500 is good till Feb?

BravoBrun

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
If you are a Costco member, I highly recommend the Costco Auto Program. Generally speaking you will pay slightly more than Invoice price (what the dealer pays). This price is below MSRP.

I did this on the 10th, Sticker price for my XLT was $37,555, I paid $35,900.

If there are multiple dealers near you (unlike in my case, where I am on an island with a single dealer) then you can play games between them. But if there is only one dealer, I recommend the Costco Auto Program as the dealer already negotiates the best possible price with Costco.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If you are a Costco member, I highly recommend the Costco Auto Program. Generally speaking you will pay slightly more than Invoice price (what the dealer pays). This price is below MSRP.

If there are multiple dealers near you (unlike in my case, where I am on an island with a single dealer) then you can play games between them. But if there is only one dealer, I recommend the Costco Auto Program as the dealer already negotiates the best possible price with Costco.
When I looked into the Costco auto program there were only specific dealers you could deal with. For me, the dealer was about an hour away. Maybe it is different elsewhere. You definitely couldn't pick any dealer you wanted. I found the Costco Auto prices to be very comparable to the X-Plan pricing.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I bought mine two weeks ago.

I'm X-plan eligible but found end of year incentives to be better than X-plan and Costco.

Got my loaded Lariat FX-4 more than 10% off MSRP. Right at $40k.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

I was told by my contact where I bought my 19 from (June 20) that the Costco program is $200 over cost. There are pricing detail sheets in a few threads in here where you can figure out what cost is and then compare to price quoted - a $3500 discount is going to be (probably) about 500-900 below the Costco price, but still a good way to go ... do the Costco and start from there, not MSRP with dealer...YRMV. Dealer will start at MSRP less all discounts and tradein (make sure you get Blue Book value of your trade so you'll know if the dealer is trying to hose you there also.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by my contact where I bought my 19 from (June 20) that the Costco program is $200 over cost. There are pricing detail sheets in a few threads in here where you can figure out what cost is and then compare to price quoted - a $3500 discount is going to be (probably) about 500-900 below the Costco price, but still a good way to go ... do the Costco and start from there, not MSRP with dealer...YRMV. Dealer will start at MSRP less all discounts and tradein (make sure you get Blue Book value of your trade so you'll know if the dealer is trying to hose you there also.
Hi Terry,

I, rightly or wrongly, advise those to whom I give an X plan to go into the dealer and negotiate the best price and then spring the "Oh...Silly me...I forgot my X plan pin...here it is" Then you get to see the invoice and what the Dealer paid and in a box under the listing is the X Plan price. Cards are face up...many times the sales person is so red faced and you can get a few "extras". One of my friends did this the sales person countered by offering up a cream puff Demo for even less. Friend says the X plan was the key to the door for this bargain.

Can't say as I get Z plan and is roughly 2½% under Dealer Invoice with again dealer showing the invoice. Last purchase of the Lincoln Nautilus, dealer tried to add the dealer installed extras. My trade-in was a 2016 Lincoln MKX with only 22,000 miles. Wife and I got up and started to walk out...dealer added crap was ignored... Bullshit cost of tinted windows and paint protection for example...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hi Terry,

I, rightly or wrongly, advise those to whom I give an X plan to go into the dealer and negotiate the best price and then spring the "Oh...Silly me...I forgot my X plan pin...here it is" Then you get to see the invoice and what the Dealer paid and in a box under the listing is the X Plan price. Cards are face up...many times the sales person is so red faced and you can get a few "extras". One of my friends did this the sales person countered by offering up a cream puff Demo for even less. Friend says the X plan was the key to the door for this bargain.

Can't say as I get Z plan and is roughly 2½% under Dealer Invoice with again dealer showing the invoice. Last purchase of the Lincoln Nautilus, dealer tried to add the dealer installed extras. My trade-in was a 2016 Lincoln MKX with only 22,000 miles. Wife and I got up and started to walk out...dealer added crap was ignored... Bullshit cost of tinted windows and paint protection for example...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Agreed wholeheartedly. I did this on accident. Worked out well. Salesman wasn't red-faced as he was already shooting straight. But, it did make my job easier going forward. Nothing great but offered to waive dealer addons, didn't even have to bring it up.

FrostySaguaro

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 super crew Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales
Just put a deposit down on a 2020 supercrew Lariat - magnetic gray.

MSRP 45,370
rebate 3,000
dealer discount 1,786
- Free folding bed cover thrown in -$1,100 value
top dollar on my subaru forester trade (2017 xt touring fully loaded, got 19.5)

feel pretty good about it overall.

options on the new truck:
501A
A/T tires ($175)
running boards - black - 5ft
trailer tow
sport appearance
fx4

Truck will be ready for pickup monday night.

Located in Iowa

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I love Costco, but was surprised and disappointed there was not a participating dealer near me in central Fla (where we have several Ford dealers). The Costco website suggested another dealer that implied Costco pricing on its site, but it was usual shell games with pricing. Luckily I found a local dealer that had true no-haggle pricing well below elsewhere and a good selection. If you go the Costco route and find a participating dealer, I was advised to make sure you ask for the designated salesperson for the Costco program (they underwent training for the program) to get the full benefits.
Sponsored