First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
So, if your 2022 ordered Ranger is one of those sitting, and it doesn't receive it's "chips" till 2023, and shipped in 2023, that means your getting a truck that's a year old already. :headbang:

OP
OP
Jbrubakerjr

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
So, if your 2022 ordered Ranger is one of those sitting, and it doesn't receive it's "chips" till 2023, and shipped in 2023, that means your getting a truck that's a year old already. :headbang:
Yep. Wold be a bit discouraging. Or I would insist on the 10% previous model year discount for a new vehicle.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Article says they’re catching up. Well that is until China invades Taiwan. Then NO chips for anyone for a while
Yeah it says they will be completed and shipped by end of year.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, and it's due to snow in Miami, Fla. tomorrow.....
Honestly 18,000 across the entire Ford line isn't a lot of vehicles, especially considering where they were at a few months ago when they had 80,000 waiting for parts. But having been a 6 month wait guy myself, I don't blame anyone for being skeptical.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, but Ford says they are getting vehicles out of the lot and shipped. Or maybe they are just being stolen....

Ford Had 18,000 Incomplete Vehicles At End Of Second Quarter
Its a two pronged issue because not only is there a shortage of certain supplies ie chips but also a shortage of transportation infrastructure. I deal a lot with orders and specialty vehicles and one of the biggest issues we see is stuff getting finished and being stuck at the plant or at a railyard because there aren't enough trucks and transports so its double trouble. They definitely aren't getting stolen and they are coming but you have to understand they are getting sent out and distributed nationwide and most of them are orders, we get a decent stream of vehicles but they are orders so while 10's of thousands sounds like a lot it really isn't when you look at how thin it has to be spread and how many are normally put out a year.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Wold be a bit discouraging. Or I would insist on the 10% previous model year discount for a new vehicle.
They'll laugh you out the door, people are so desperate to get stuff it will be easy to find a sucker who will not only pay sticker but also a markup.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Honestly 18,000 across the entire Ford line isn't a lot of vehicles, especially considering where they were at a few months ago when they had 80,000 waiting for parts. But having been a 6 month wait guy myself, I don't blame anyone for being skeptical.
It dosen't effect me...I have my 2021. Just keep reading posts from members who have had Rangers, Broncos, Mavericks on order for long wait times....like 2 years for Broncos. Just sad that Ford keeps announcing "New" models or editions when they can't even deliver whats been ordered.
Maybe if someone higher up the food chain at Ford read some posts here and obviously on other forums, they would see how underrated they are becoming in the view of their loyal customers.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Its barely a drop in the bucket tbh, though it is good that they are cutting that number down so sharply and quickly while somewhat maintaining a constant level of production, so things are moving forward instead of just cycling without progressing

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Article says they’re catching up. Well that is until China invades Taiwan. Then NO chips for anyone for a while
If that happens chips will be the least of our worries, it will be the first direct war between two nuclear powers in history (we are legally required to defend taiwan) Even if it doesn't go nuclear two of the strongest military and economic powers in open war would be unthinkably devastating. Just look at Ukraine vs russia and dial that up to a 1000

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase