Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No low interest loan incentives on the Ranger as of yesterday.
Sponsored

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I noticed that some dealers are starting to offer discounts on the Ranger, ranging from $500 to $1000 here in Washington. Hopefully this means financing incentives aren't far behind!

PotatoRanger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6L V8 4x4, 2003 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L V6 4x4 5-Speed (Currently dead)
I'm following this post. Definitely leaning towards leasing something (Lariet Ranger is ideal, maybe a Ram 1500, maybe a new 2020 Bronco?) at the end of the year after my Explorer is paid off. My goal is to lease for 36 months and by that time I should have a chunk of my student loans paid off allowing me to put extra money towards a car payment. Then I could think about financing it at the end to buy or trade it back in if it's a turd or there's a better model out or vehicle. The choices! I just hope there's incentives for leasing around the holidays.

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
I just got approved through my credit union for 84 months @ 4.6. What do you guys think?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Bank of America did 3.74% for 72 months for me. I'll have it paid off long before then though.

I'm an existing customer with them so I figured I'd give it a shot prior to going in to the dealer and give the dealer a chance to beat it. They couldn't even come close.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got approved through my credit union for 84 months @ 4.6. What do you guys think?
That's probably a good rate based on everything else I have seen. Usually the shorter finance terms will get you a lower rate as the risk for the lender isn't as great as far as depreciation. If you put down a large down payment to reduce the loan amount in regards to the price of the vehicle, that can help reduce the interest rate as well as a direct payment out of you checking account if you bank at that institution. After all that, your credit rating is still an important factor for the lender.

Will probably put $15K down on my Ranger to get the load amount down. Our other 2 vehicles are paid for. The goal was to pay the new Ranger off before I retire in about 3 years.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
When they ran my credit Ford’s interest rate was 7% over 60 months. The sales manager said maybe later in the year they would be more competitive, but right now Ranger’s are selling even without discounted interest rates.

Thank god I was preapproved at 3.24% for 60 months.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So you know, the dealership should do their homework and shop around their go-to credit institutions. Ford will ALWAYS be higher. The going rate for a credit rating of 750 should be around 3.5% @72 months. Make the dealership work for their commission

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
That's a lot of interest, Hope your truck is a keeper at 84 months, Dealers will soon be offering Mortgages on their vehicles.
I have learned the hard way, don't buy anything I cannot pay off in three years despite the length of the loans
I’ve always felt that way but trucks typically hold there value better than most other vehicles do .. I went 84 months because I can always pay extra but you never know what life may throw your way so I like the flexibility of a lower payment .. I done 3.9 @ 84 .. my credit union who I’ve dealt with for 10 years told me rates would be going up from current trends

Ford2transit

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
me too I ended up getting 3.24% for 60 months through my credit union. I also put enough down that my payments are still affordable.

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
E9397D57-21ED-4FF5-9817-A7BF1A51E026.jpeg

Am I the only one who thinks y’all are crazy for paying interest at all?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Just found this post, when I bought my Ranger in September 2019 Ford was offering incentives AND 0% interest.

I got offers from the dealer last week to pay off my loan, give me cash and get a new car from them with 0% interest again - but factoring what I put down plus the hit for depreciation at this point - not to mention I'm happy with my truck and don't see a replacement that fits my needs - I'm just gonna keep what I have. If Ford Finance needed revenue they'd discount the balance on my loan greater than the interest I'm earning on the account I'm paying out of.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
E9397D57-21ED-4FF5-9817-A7BF1A51E026.jpeg

Am I the only one who thinks y’all are crazy for paying interest at all?
It all depends on the deal.

In some cases you can only get 0 interest if you are willing to pay more than the cash price or waive some incentives, which can make the 0% interest not such a great deal.

If you can get 0 interest in conjunction with the cash price/incentives, then 0 interest is the better deal since you retain your cash and can put it somewhere that will certainly return more than 0% interest.

Paying no interest is ideal, but if I can finance a vehicle at a rate lower than what I can get in a return on my money, I'll finance at least part of it.
Sponsored