FORD Finance

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Wow. 84 months of payments. That does my head in. Spent my younger years building a ton of debt then finally around 39 dug myself completely out after years of juggling low introductory rate credit cards. I loathe making payments. If I am not offered somerting like 0.9% max 1.9% for 24 months with 50% down (excellent CR) I will just pay cash.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Interesting... My local credit union is offering 2.49 / 2.74% for 36 / 60 months on new car loans. Bankrate is showing numerous financial institutions with CDs paying well over 3%. Borrow and make the payments, and keep the principal invested?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
My credit union is having a "sale" on auto loans, so I'm now considering taking 3.54% over 72 months.

4.09% over 84 months would be a lower payment, but 3.54% over 72 months would save $1,200+ just in interest. That will nearly cover my tonneau cover.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Good deals! Oh and BTW, I received my VIN on 15 Jan.
1FTER4EH4KLA24143
But still not in production yet. betcha excited ur only a few weeks out!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Monty

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
No, I couldn't figure out how to update the post. Can u assist?

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Any thoughts on leasing? Dealer told me the $750 incentive applies to lease or buy and I figured if I buy on the residual after the lease I'll keep my payments down for the entire ownership of the truck. Even with a good down payment, it's looking like $600 - $750/mo over 72 with the current Ford credit APR estimate of 5.74. I'd like to keep a payment similar to my current auto loan, which is $340/mo. With a 15000 mile annual allowance on a 36 month lease (I drive 8k miles a year in a busy year), I'd be paying somewhere between $400 - $500 month after cash down and I can buy at the end of the lease on a $28k residual value for a 3-year old low-mileage Lariat.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Any thoughts on leasing? Dealer told me the $750 incentive applies to lease or buy and I figured if I buy on the residual after the lease I'll keep my payments down for the entire ownership of the truck. Even with a good down payment, it's looking like $600 - $750/mo over 72 with the current Ford credit APR estimate of 5.74. I'd like to keep a payment similar to my current auto loan, which is $340/mo. With a 15000 mile annual allowance on a 36 month lease (I drive 8k miles a year in a busy year), I'd be paying somewhere between $400 - $500 month after cash down and I can buy at the end of the lease on a $28k residual value for a 3-year old low-mileage Lariat.
Did you calculate what your payments would be after you buy it for $28k? And for how long and at what rate would you have to finance it to keep your payments about the same? End result could be that you would, in effect, just be making a 7 or 8 year truck payment with lease and loan payments combined.

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
What are the current Ford Credit rates. 72months and 75months?

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Did you calculate what your payments would be after you buy it for $28k? And for how long and at what rate would you have to finance it to keep your payments about the same? End result could be that you would, in effect, just be making a 7 or 8 year truck payment with lease and loan payments combined.
I didn't calculate the payments exactly, instead I used my wife's CX-5 which we bought for about $28k as reference for the payments when buying it at $28k.

The numbers seem to work out to be about the same in the long run based on my math, the only difference being that at the end of the lease I don't have any equity in the truck, but if I treat it well and keep the mileage low it (hopefully) comes out being worth more than the residual lease value and I get a deal when I buy it on the loan. Then again, this is all based on rough estimates my dealer gave me. We'll see what happens once I have actual interest rates and payment amounts in front of me.

Curious if anyone has experience leasing through Ford and what kind of requirements they have on the lease, though. I had a friend who leased a WRX and Subaru had some pretty ridiculous requirements to maintain the lease, including an annual sea foam treatment and some other pretty expensive mandatory services.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I didn't calculate the payments exactly, instead I used my wife's CX-5 which we bought for about $28k as reference for the payments when buying it at $28k.

The numbers seem to work out to be about the same in the long run based on my math, the only difference being that at the end of the lease I don't have any equity in the truck, but if I treat it well and keep the mileage low it (hopefully) comes out being worth more than the residual lease value and I get a deal when I buy it on the loan. Then again, this is all based on rough estimates my dealer gave me. We'll see what happens once I have actual interest rates and payment amounts in front of me.

Curious if anyone has experience leasing through Ford and what kind of requirements they have on the lease, though. I had a friend who leased a WRX and Subaru had some pretty ridiculous requirements to maintain the lease, including an annual sea foam treatment and some other pretty expensive mandatory services.
I leased an Escape several years ago and there were no maintenance requirements other than the inspection when you turned it in to verify it was in good condition with normal wear and tear. Since we purchased it at the end of lease, there wasn't even an inspection.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I used Ford Credit, and it wasn't cheap. I plan to refi it ok later on with my credit union.

They just don't have any insensitives for the Ranger right now, nor do they need to being a brand new model. Part of the price you pay for being one of the first.
Sponsored