Ford Build Issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I believe the "new" Ranger (next iteration) will be in 2022. I would not expect any significant changes in the current Ranger - just like there were no significant changes from 2019 to 2020, I doubt there will be many from 2020 to 2021.

I agree..
Ford is in a weird position because even though the Ranger was redone for the NA market it is a older vehicle.
So I kind of look at it as a mid-cycle refresh.
If they launch something to early it will tick off some of the current owners and others may push off their purchase.

Ford also has to look at all the manufacturing equipment which needs to be paid for. Takes a couple years to hit the stride in manufacturing too. You get to the point where you can produce more and the whole process is stream lined and you are producing a vehicle for a lower cost. You just do not want to be retooling so soon.
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Did the image come through on post #5 ??

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
If you have to have something different every year then check out the aftermarket.

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
I believe the "new" Ranger (next iteration) will be in 2022. I would not expect any significant changes in the current Ranger - just like there were no significant changes from 2019 to 2020, I doubt there will be many from 2020 to 2021.
Why do you consider a "modified T6" to be a significant change. This is apparently exactly what they did with Bronco, went from T6 to a modified T6 for 2021. I see no reason why they can't easily do the same for 2021 Ranger, question is, will they, and if not, why?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you consider a "modified T6" to be a significant change. This is apparently exactly what they did with Bronco, went from T6 to a modified T6 for 2021. I see no reason why they can't easily do the same for 2021 Ranger, question is, will they, and if not, why?
Time will tell, but all of the guesses (and they are all guesses at this point) point to no significant changes in the Ranger until the next refresh. I just read something on the Blue Oval Forums last night saying the next Ranger refresh was expected to be announced in 2022 as a 2023 Model. So even further out than I had thought. But they also said the 2.7 and a hybrid option should be coming.

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Time will tell, but all of the guesses (and they are all guesses at this point) point to no significant changes in the Ranger until the next refresh. I just read something on the Blue Oval Forums last night saying the next Ranger refresh was expected to be announced in 2022 as a 2023 Model. So even further out than I had thought. But they also said the 2.7 and a hybrid option should be coming.
The secrecy Ford puts behind all this is just BS in my book. They need to announce their plans.
But from the public statements various Ford folks have said publicly, 2021 Bronco is supposed to be a modified T6, and Ranger is supposed to be built on same platform, thus unity of the platform between the two vehicles for 2021. Which makes sense when it come to platform sharing of various models, etc. But like you say, we shall see, but if Ford takes too long to announce it officially, i'll be back buying a 2021 Tacoma and getting a aftermarket Rotrex kit installed.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The secrecy Ford puts behind all this is just BS in my book. They need to announce their plans.
But from the public statements various Ford folks have said publicly, 2021 Bronco is supposed to be a modified T6, and Ranger is supposed to be built on same platform, thus unity of the platform between the two vehicles for 2021. Which makes sense when it come to platform sharing of various models, etc. But like you say, we shall see, but if Ford takes too long to announce it officially, i'll be back buying a 2021 Tacoma and getting a aftermarket Rotrex kit installed.
From all you have said, I hope you will buy the Toyota, You will be happy and you will help others by taking the price pressure off of the Ranger..... Win-win!!

:yawn:As for trying to sell Toyotas here... good luck! :rolleyes::LOL:

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
From all you have said, I hope you will buy the Toyota, You will be happy and you will help others by taking the price pressure off of the Ranger..... Win-win!!

:yawn:As for trying to sell Toyotas here... good luck! :rolleyes::LOL:
Not trying to sell anything here. I had 3 Tacoma's in past and recently sold my Tacoma anticipating a deposit down in July 2020 for a 2021 Ranger, buy only if the v6 will be an option.

Why do you folks here get all up in arms if the word Tacoma is used here. After-all, Tacoma is the best selling small pup, and did not leave production for a few years and then come back.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Not trying to sell anything here. I had 3 Tacoma's in past and recently sold my Tacoma anticipating a deposit down in July 2020 for a 2021 Ranger, buy only if the v6 will be an option.

Why do you folks here get all up in arms if the word Tacoma is used here. After-all, Tacoma is the best selling small pup, and did not leave production for a few years and then come back.

I have no issues with the Taco it is a great truck..
I bought a Ranger over the Taco because I need a little bigger back seat and because the Ranger became a good deal with the rebates but I have no issues with the Taco. They are very reliable.

I actually think this forum and Colordaofans has less fanboys than other forums.

As far as a 6 cylinder I am not sure there will be one.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Its the incessant trolling and the false insistence on Toyota superiority, not the word Tacoma.
I like the 2.7L engine too, but I'm glad Ford chose the 2.3L for the Ranger.
It produces plenty of power and there is no reason to expect any less reliability.

BTW, The idea that the T6 is an old platform, except for the improvements in the frame, suspension, brakes, engine, transmission, body , electronics, and interior... yup same old truck!

I do hope you get what you want in the end though.

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
every new vehicle has potential for panel fitment and gap issues. Check any other vehicle forum and everyone complains about this problem for any manufacturer. I have 2 different 2019 vehicles from 2 different makers and both were fine. No loose screws, no missed trim pieces, no panel fit issues or defects from factory.

It just seems some vehicles roll off assembly line a little tweaked and there isn't enough humans checking closely.

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Its the incessant trolling and the false insistence on Toyota superiority, not the word Tacoma.
I like the 2.7L engine too, but I'm glad Ford chose the 2.3L for the Ranger.
It produces plenty of power and there is no reason to expect any less reliability.

BTW, The idea that the T6 is an old platform, except for the improvements in the frame, suspension, brakes, engine, transmission, body , electronics, and interior... yup same old truck!

I do hope you get what you want in the end though.
Who said T6 was "an old platform"?
As for liking the 2.3L, what does your liking the 2.3L have to do with engine options? Will assume if there was two engines (2.3 and 2.7) you would have picked the 2.3. I would pick the 2.7. However, I will not be buying 2021 Ranger if it's only engine option is the 2.3L.

It was mentioned in post #16, that if Ford gave the 2.7 as an option before 6G then existing Ranger owners would be ticked off? Why? By all accounts here every owner of Ranger is perfectly ok with the 4banger 2.3.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
o_OSo what did you find when you went to the other manufacturer lots?
Perfection on the pacific rim vehicles I assume?;)

Of course, the fit and finish is nice, but I bought Ford for long term reliability...
The perfect fit and finish is just a bonus which i greatly appreciate.:clap:
hey! look what I found...
Expect better... and you will get it. You have to be the most loyal Ford brand fella I've ever seen.

So you're ok with Ford not putting seam sealer on doors... because they had production line problems? Who does that?

and you're ok with Ford only installing (4) bed tie downs, when it's designed for (6) bed tie downs... simply because their Thailand vendors couldn't get them parts on time? Who does that?

I would be ok with it if they had told the dealers to fix these issues... instead of screw over the buyer. Can you at least admit that they should have done that?

We really like our Ranger... but blind loyalty will get you... competition kicking your ass.

Expect better... and you will get it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Who said T6 was "an old platform"?
As for liking the 2.3L, what does your liking the 2.3L have to do with engine options? Will assume if there was two engines (2.3 and 2.7) you would have picked the 2.3. I would pick the 2.7. However, I will not be buying 2021 Ranger if it's only engine option is the 2.3L.

It was mentioned in post #16, that if Ford gave the 2.7 as an option before 6G then existing Ranger owners would be ticked off? Why? By all accounts here every owner of Ranger is perfectly ok with the 4banger 2.3.
I'm curious what you feel is lacking in the 2.3 that you would get with the 2.7? If it is because it is a "4 banger" you really should test drive it first. It really is an amazing engine.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I'm curious what you feel is lacking in the 2.3 that you would get with the 2.7? If it is because it is a "4 banger" you really should test drive it first. It really is an amazing engine.
Chuck's opinion on the inferiority of the current engine option is a topic that has been beat to death over on this thread. I highly recommend people peruse that thread before deciding if they want to further engage him on this or any other matter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.