Ford Build Issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Expect better... and you will get it. You have to be the most loyal Ford brand fella I've ever seen.

So you're ok with Ford not putting seam sealer on doors... because they had production line problems? Who does that?

and you're ok with Ford only installing (4) bed tie downs, when it's designed for (6) bed tie downs... simply because their Thailand vendors couldn't get them parts on time? Who does that?

I would be ok with it if they had told the dealers to fix these issues... instead of screw over the buyer. Can you at least admit that they should have done that?

We really like our Ranger... but blind loyalty will get you... competition kicking your ass.

Expect better... and you will get it.
You are right, I expected better and I got it...
I got seam sealer on my doors, and six tie downs.
If I had those problems I would have "expected better service" (and gotten it).
You are correct ...."blind loyalty will get you" .
Its the "blind loyalty" to Toyota in this thread, intentionally at the expense of the Ranger,which is objectionable, and it has "gotten" a lot of Toyota buyers over the years.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
You are right, I expected better and I got it...
I got seam sealer on my doors, and six tie downs.
If I had those problems I would have "expected better service" (and gotten it).
You are correct ...."blind loyalty will get you" .
Its the "blind loyalty" to Toyota in this thread, intentionally at the expense of the Ranger,which is objectionable, and it has "gotten" a lot of Toyota buyers over the years.
But the point isn't about one truck, that is your truck. Certainly you can see that?

Ford is allowing vehicles to roll off the assembly line that are not finished... and shipping them as if they were.

Then if the customer notices it, Ford will fix it if the customer forces the issue. That's 3rd world quality control.

Ford needs to notify the dealers to review the trucks for these known issues and proactively fix them.

Either that or sell them discounted. Folks are paying for finished trucks.. not a truck that isn't complete.

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
I'm curious what you feel is lacking in the 2.3 that you would get with the 2.7? If it is because it is a "4 banger" you really should test drive it first. It really is an amazing engine.
If the 4cyl had the 2.7L output, i'd buy the 4cyl. I am done buying these fairly large small pup's with low engine output.

2.3L eco 270 HP/310 lb.-ft Torque
2.7L eco 325 HP/400 lb.-ft. Torque
3.5L Toyota w/ Rotrex 365 HP/ near 450 lb-ft Torque

I do prefer a SC over turbo for gasoline trucks, but really like fact that these Ford engines are factory supe'd. If Ford can't make it a simple option then I will go elsewhere. No whines, no gripes, just a simple decision on my part.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But the point isn't about one truck, that is your truck. Certainly you can see that?

Ford is allowing vehicles to roll off the assembly line that are not finished... and shipping them as if they were.

Then if the customer notices it, Ford will fix it if the customer forces the issue. That's 3rd world quality control.

Ford needs to notify the dealers to review the trucks for these known issues and proactively fix them.

Either that or sell them discounted. Folks are paying for finished trucks.. not a truck that isn't complete.
If you want to review my past posts in other threads, you will see plenty of places where I have taken issue with Ford over this truck.
The issue in this thread is not about Ford's quality control, it is about the intentional and unwarranted trolling.

In a career as a fleet mechanic I have seen every conceivable issue with many different makes.
I worked to resolve them in each case, not just to cast aspersions.
This thread was clearly not started to point out legitimate issues and seek solutions.

The actual fact is that no manufacturer has a better track record than Ford in build quality, or in response to issues when they do occur at a rate no greater than any other manufacturer..
Ford has always been proactive in correcting errors.

Actually, to some degree it is just as much about my one truck as it is about anyone else's one truck.

Except for fleet purchases...every problem is about one truck and one buyer's experience.
If it is acceptable to condemn the whole company over a few complaints, then it is acceptable to exonerate the whole company over a few praises. Certainly you can see that?
Ultimately, each comment is both subjective and personal (about one truck)

You do make a good point,
but it brings up the injustice of a comment often heard about personal performance in the work place...
One "AW_S#!T, wipes out a thousand ATTA-BOYs

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
If the 4cyl had the 2.7L output, i'd buy the 4cyl. I am done buying these fairly large small pup's with low engine output.

2.3L eco 270 HP/310 lb.-ft Torque
2.7L eco 325 HP/400 lb.-ft. Torque
3.5L Toyota w/ Rotrex 365 HP/ near 450 lb-ft Torque

I do prefer a SC over turbo for gasoline trucks, but really like fact that these Ford engines are factory supe'd. If Ford can't make it a simple option then I will go elsewhere. No whines, no gripes, just a simple decision on my part.
Low engine output? I guess since I'm nearly 60 I have the perspective of just how good the HP / Torque is now... compared to the days of the 2.8 V6 I had in my brand new 1985 S-15.... the 135 HP gutless wonder.

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
If you want to review my past posts in other threads, you will see plenty of places where I have taken issue with Ford over this truck.
The issue in this thread is not about Ford's quality control, it is about the intentional and unwarranted trolling.

Ford has always been proactive in correcting errors
If the words used are not "ranger ranger ranger" you call it "trolling".
They are all just low grade trucks, does not matter if its a Ford or Toyota, they are all nothing special at all. but you'll surely defend "Ranger" because its the one you own and drive, and then call everyone else a troll. Dude, get over yourself.

You like the 2.3L, and all existing owners like the 2.3L, I don't like the 2.3L. Only time will tell what Ford will do, once they stop being so "secret" about their plans, because fact is, to make the 2021 US model their plans have already been set in stone. We can all agree, the Ranger is a swell small pup, but I might not be buying it.

Correcting errors? Yeah, that sounds like the 1st days of Hyundai when they announced their ridiculous warranty 100k/10yr. Why? Because they had to, their vehicles needed fixing so often that if the manufacturer was not willing to fix the issues people would not buy those vehicles, and at that time those vehicles were getting fixed more than they were being driven. But hey, at least the maker was fixing the problem.

I mean crud, my GLC300 came with a broken driver seat fan, was broken at assembly time and then I got it like that day 1. MB had the vehicle for 2 weeks after day-1 of me having it, and after 2wks1day the dealer said they could not get the part so they had to replace the whole seat, which took another 3wks to get and a day at the dealer for them to swap out the seat. Is that Acceptable? I dunno, the broken part is surely a fluke thing and perhaps acceptable to some, but it was totally absurd that it took 1mo+ to get it fixed.

So the whole argument around "well, no worries, all the problems that Ford vehicle has, the maker will fix it" is at best a silly argument. Why does it not come already fixed?

And when it comes down to the business end of this, the metric of "Oh, Ford build quality is better than the rest" dont mean jack shiat. Total sales is what matters, and Ford does not compete for sales in the small pup area.

Last edited:
OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Except for fleet purchases...every problem is about one truck and one buyer's experience.
If it is acceptable to condemn the whole company over a few complaints, then it is acceptable to exonerate the whole company over a few praises. Certainly you can see that?
Ultimately, each comment is both subjective and personal (about one truck)
But perhaps you did not see my post about the quality issue. I did look at every vehicle in the group, about 8 vehicles, all had serious issue(s). I walked across the street to the Lexus dealer and not one vehicle there (about 60 of them) had any visual issue. So if you want to discuss this Ford quality issue I am happy to listen.

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Low engine output? I guess since I'm nearly 60 I have the perspective of just how good the HP / Torque is now... compared to the days of the 2.8 V6 I had in my brand new 1985 S-15.... the 135 HP gutless wonder.
Are you being generous with your 1985 v6 S10 engine power spec?

34 years of technology and mpg is still about the same (better in 1985)! Shocking huh:
2019 Ranger 20city/24hwy 22mpg combined
1985 S10 119cu.in 20city/27hwy 23mpg combined

I leave it up to you to figure out the HP to weight ratios between your v6 S10 and the 2019 Ranger.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
There are trolls on both sides.
Who cares what someone else bought it is childish.
You enjoy your truck and like it, and that is great, you should enjoy your truck. The question is why put down someone elses truck or try making them feel bad about their purchase because it is different than your purchase. Who really cares.

Some people seem to have to justify their purchase and I do not know why.

Every truck is different and people buy different truck for different reasons.

No truck is perfect and they all have a few issues.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But perhaps you did not see my post about the quality issue. I did look at every vehicle in the group, about 8 vehicles, all had serious issue(s). I walked across the street to the Lexus dealer and not one vehicle there (about 60 of them) had any visual issue. So if you want to discuss this Ford quality issue I am happy to listen.
:rolleyes:Sounds unbiased to me!;):LOL:

OP
OP

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
I dunno, I think one of the most important analyses a person can do when assessing whether to buy a Ranger is to ...uh... compare a bunch of Lincolns to a bunch of Lexuses.
It was a question around the quality of FORD products, not specific to ranger.
If Ford cant get their flagship luxury product right, why would anyone think they could with the lower models that have the blue oval emblem on them? I could walk over to the Toyota dealer too and not find any visual issues, but Lexus was literally just 50ft away from the Ford dealer.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure you would if someone else came along and mentioned anything other than ranger.
I'll accept that you are sure about a baseless hypothetical.
We now have a point of agreement, from which we can move on.
What say we do so without malice?
Love your tenacity.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.