First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Retired
Traded in our 21 XLT after 32,000 miles, I think it was starting to have some issues, started out wrong vin number on door, next rear end went out, Ford rebuilt it, next electrical was doing some weird stuff on the dash, seems like we used sport mode a lot,we live in a very hilly area, So we traded for a 23 Lariat Tremor, so far a totally different truck, way different shifting patterns, and we have not yet used sport mode, also when driving this one if you push forward on the shift button it shows you what gear the tranny is in and it's shifting , our XLT didn't do that, so far ? for the tremor
Sponsored

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Traded in our 21 XLT after 32,000 miles, I think it was starting to have some issues, started out wrong vin number on door, next rear end went out, Ford rebuilt it, next electrical was doing some weird stuff on the dash, seems like we used sport mode a lot,we live in a very hilly area, So we traded for a 23 Lariat Tremor, so far a totally different truck, way different shifting patterns, and we have not yet used sport mode, also when driving this one if you push forward on the shift button it shows you what gear the tranny is in and it's shifting , our XLT didn't do that, so far ? for the tremor
My 2021 XLT Tremor shows the gear when I push the gear selector + button. All XLT and Lariat Rangers do that, not sure about XL but they probably do also.
I also have hood struts instead of a prop rod.

OP
OP

Summit800

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Retired
Maybe that's why I had to use sport mode? Could I have been having electrical problem with the tranny?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Mechanically, and software, there is absolutely no difference between the two trucks. Other than the Tremor differences.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like it never should have left the factory. Hopefully this one is all good and doesn't have issues.

OneMore

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired

Hi Jeff,
The Tremor is a great truck from the factory. A lot of things are already included without having to go aftermarket. Plus you have warranty.
I enjoy my 22 Tremor very much. The only downside is not so great fuel mileage. Can't have everything.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
My 2021 XLT Tremor shows the gear when I push the gear selector + button. All XLT and Lariat Rangers do that, not sure about XL but they probably do also.
I also have hood struts instead of a prop rod.
My XL does, I have the STX special Edition Package, but I believe it is standard

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
You probably just never noticed the gear selection feature. My '21 XLT has it. I didn't noticed for quite a while until someone on this forum pointed it out. Besides, who cares. It's cool but not a deciding factor on choosing a vehicle.

OP
OP

Summit800

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Retired
No, I believe that my 21 had electrical problem, and wasn't shifting right, I messed with the gear selector alot and it didn't work like my 23
Sponsored