Took advantage of trade values and traded my '21 xlt 4x2 for a Tremor

wyyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Tremor
In April I bought a '21 XLT and then took it everywhere and put over 5k miles on it. I absolutely loved the ranger platform and powerplant. However, I quickly realized that I needed a 4x4 to do a lot of the things I'm passionate about (getting to the most scenic and beautiful places). Got an okay from the wife and started looking for a Tremor. Found one in stock about 2 hours from home, hammered out a deal with them over the phone and later that day, picked up this cyber orange tremor for $750 below MSRP!!

Picked it up on Wednesday and took it out off road on Saturday. Had a great time exploring some Oklahoma back roads and the off road park at Disney, OK.

Some pics:

Old:
silver side.jpg

New:
tremor side.jpg

badge.jpg

County Road:
dirt road.jpg

Went over a low water dam:
lowwaterdam.jpg

Found a random trail that went by the river and had a short water crossing that was about a foot or so deep on the side:
river trail.jpg

Overall the tremor handled everything perfectly. Only time I had to put it in 4H was in the loose rock at Disney. Had an absolute blast and got the first bit of damage out of the way by scuffing up one of the rims and from these tires throwing rocks up at the rocker panels:
rim scuffs.jpg

rock chips.jpg

Mud flaps are coming as soon as I find the right ones.

Had a great day in the new truck and can't wait to slowly set it up for overlanding.
Sponsored

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
Nice. I'm originally from Oklahoma and know where that is.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Nice! Like the yellow but would ditch those side steps for rock sliders. Not sure why Ford opted for such bulky looking side steps. Congrats on the upgrade!

OP
OP

wyyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Tremor
Nice! Like the yellow but would ditch those side steps for rock sliders. Not sure why Ford opted for such bulky looking side steps. Congrats on the upgrade!
Thank you! I actually like the functionality of these steps since they hang a bit lower but will opt for sliders down the road when I can start getting out for more extreme trips.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Thank you! I actually like the functionality of these steps since they hang a bit lower but will opt for sliders down the road when I can start getting out for more extreme trips.
Right on. Here in San Diego, there are a couple guys that post offers on OfferUp to do custom rock sliders and from what I’ve heard through friends and the pictures of their work, it’s a good economical option but also good quality. What I like is that they will make adjustments to your liking. For example, a buddy of mine wanted his angled outward just a touch more so his wife could use it as a side step. Anyway, when you’re ready take a look in your area to see if anyone is doing custom setups.

Last edited: