First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
Hello all! This is my first post on the forum, thought this would be a safe way to start.

I wanted to show off my first truck, a 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4. I've always been a car guy (240SX's, Mustang GTs, etc.). Wanted something with more utility but was still fun to drive. The Ranger ticked all the boxes for me. This thing is great!

Trying to resist the urge to mess with it too much. The only thing I've changed so far were to swap on Tremor wheels I found at a local shop (with veeeery slightly larger tires).
20210702_1845411.jpg
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Nathan, welcome to the Frat House!!:LOL:

Prepare to open the wallet!

Where do you IT at (if you want to say)?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome - looks great Nathan - stop now, before it’s too late.

Uh oh, I see Terry’s here - others will be by soon. Run - Hide - Now!

OP
OP
MoatCarp

MoatCarp

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
Thanks guys! I've been lurking for a little while so I'm somewhat familiar with the shenanigans you guys get up to around here.

Terry, to answer your question, I work for a company that specializes in building reliability and maintenance programs for our clients (oil and gas industry, water treatment plants, places like that). Nothing too interesting!

For mods, I was DANGEROUSLY close to pulling the trigger on the Ford Performance tune but shied away due to Premium fuel requirement and wanting to maximize the longevity of my engine. I've already killed a V8 Mustang from tinkering with it too much in the past hah :(.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Trying to resist the urge to mess with it too much.
GET. OUT!

Just kidding. Welcome.

ADDED: Yeah, I almost got the ford tune, but didn't want to lose 2 years of warranty, and, I think the truck runs pretty good as is. If I need more juice I use sport mode.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Nathan. Was asking about IT because I thought you may work in one of the school districts around that small village. We have kids that are teachers down that way is why I was asking.

Used to work in IT for many years, worked with software called Hansen that handled all the Public Works stuff for our City...glad I am retired lol:crazy:

You will be beyond dangerously close once ALL of us get going...Don't listen to Duke, he drives a black truck but swore it was white for years!!! (Not really, he "claims" color blindness, but we have suspensions...;) )

Dave (@AzScorpion ) will be by to introduce your formally to the ranger Dave's Shopping Network...a valuable sub organization to Ranger ownership if ever there was :)

T___G___D_____ <---- can you guess the secret word for a Dave prize? ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
GET. OUT!

Just kidding. Welcome.

ADDED: Yeah, I almost got the ford tune, but didn't want to lose 2 years of warranty, and, I think the truck runs pretty good as is. If I need more juice I use sport mode.
That's pretty good, but I'll add that if you want a D mode that acts like S mode and an S mode that'll starch your pants...then...think about a tune........;)

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Welcome!

Since I know you just have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket, I thought I'd share 2 of my favorite non-performance-related mods I've made to my truck:

First off: Spray in bedliner.
I can't tell in your photo if the bed already has a bedliner, but I've been VERY happy with my Bullet Liner (better product than Line-X in my opinion, and was slightly cheaper to get installed).

Secondly: Amp Research Powersteps
These will replace your factory step bars with steps that raise up to nearly flush with the bottom of the cab, and drop down to a lower position when you open the door.

Both these mods are not cheap, but they make my life better just about daily with this truck.

Whatever you do (or don't!) decide to change with your truck, I hope you love it!

OP
OP
MoatCarp

MoatCarp

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Systems Administrator
That's pretty good, but I'll add that if you want a D mode that acts like S mode and an S mode that'll starch your pants...then...think about a tune........;)
I don't know! I REALLY love how quick these trucks can be for how unassuming they look, sort of like a sleeper, but I think I like how it is stock for now :). I'll make a deal with you guys - if (when) I get a tune, I'll make a post and let you all know.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I don't know! I REALLY love how quick these trucks can be for how unassuming they look, sort of like a sleeper, but I think I like how it is stock for now :). I'll make a deal with you guys - if (when) I get a tune, I'll make a post and let you all know.
If you like how quick it is now... Livernois. That's all you need to know.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to the forum and Ranger ownership. Just start repetitively saying over and over again. Do I really want to do this and then talk to @AzScorpion he’s got the connections ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee