First Look: 2021 Ranger in Cactus Gray

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It's not a bad color, though if I'm going gray, I'm going for Area 51.
Sponsored

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Everyone is entitled to their opinion right? Personally I think the Bronco is goofy looking especially the front end and I'm certainly not a fan of the CG either. Not hating on any of the Bronco fans and I'm ok with people spending their money on what they want...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Everyone is entitled to their opinion right? Personally I think the Bronco is goofy looking especially the front end and I'm certainly not a fan of the CG either. Not hating on any of the Bronco fans and I'm ok with people spending their money on what they want...
That's what makes the world go round.....Variety. ?

I personally love the look and glad the kept within the original '66 Bronco look.

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Not a fan of the color. I think I would get anything else.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Not a fan of the color. I think I would get anything else.
10-4. Cactus Grey is polarizing like a '73 Monte Carlo: either you love it or hate it. Cactus Grey looked cool on the Bronco Sport Outer banks I saw, but it might be too much blah green/blue/grey (whatever you see) on a Ranger. I still like it, but I might play my conservative card when I order my '21 Supercab and get Velocity Blue or Carbonized Grey. I hope to see more Cactus on the road before I order in February.
My dealer doesn't show any '21 Rangers coming any time soon; 22 2020 Rangers to move first, I guess. All are SuperCrews, none have FX4. I want a SuperCab and FX4 Hope Ford gets the Ranger Build & Price up soon.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
10-4. Cactus Grey is polarizing like a '73 Monte Carlo: either you love it or hate it. Cactus Grey looked cool on the Bronco Sport Outer banks I saw, but it might be too much blah green/blue/grey (whatever you see) on a Ranger. I still like it, but I might play my conservative card when I order my '21 Supercab and get Velocity Blue or Carbonized Grey. I hope to see more Cactus on the road before I order in February.
When I ordered my Bronco I was torn between White and Velocity Blue. I went white only because it will hide the dust and desert pin-striping better and this is going to be my main off roading and cruising around with the top off toy. But I've changed my mind about 50 times already so by the time the 2022's come out I might have a different color picked.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
When I ordered my Bronco I was torn between White and Velocity Blue. I went white only because it will hide the dust and desert pin-striping better and this is going to be my main off roading and cruising around with the top off toy. But I've changed my mind about 50 times already so by the time the 2022's come out I might have a different color picked.
10-4 on the desert pin striping; That's why Cactus is on my short list, and so is Iconic Silver. We used to go moose scouting in the BWCAW with our 2015 Ingot Silver Flex; lotsa overgrowth & canopy on some of the USFS two track roads, and the silver hid the scratchwork really well. Our current black Escape is narrower which helps, but we don't take it down the more primitive roads.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
10-4 on the desert pin striping; That's why Cactus is on my short list, and so is Iconic Silver. We used to go moose scouting in the BWCAW with our 2015 Ingot Silver Flex; lotsa overgrowth & canopy on some of the USFS two track roads, and the silver hid the scratchwork really well. Our current black Escape is narrower which helps, but we don't take it down the more primitive roads.
The Iconic Silver will hide a lot too. I had a similar silver on my 2013 F150 and it was really nice. When I built the Bronco I just really liked the way the white looked and I'll add some black accents and tint the windows. Black looks great for about 5 minutes until the dust settles on it. lol

White Bronco SAS.jpg

Bertbronco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Occupation
Sales
Posted by the folks at Bronco6g, here's our first look of the Ranger in it's new for 2021 paint color, Cactus Gray. (Also Iconic Silver on Ranger to the far right and Velocity Blue in the background)

Strangely, I think the color looks better on the Ranger than Bronco. This certainly isn't the shade that was presented with the Bronco showcase vehicle (pictures posted below), and i'm not a fan of boring asphalt colored cars. Surely this will be a hot seller as truck owners love to have their vehicle look like concrete for the extra faux-rugged appearance.

Do note that factory lighting has a tendency to wash out colors a bit.

Ranger in Cactus.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117467227_655201575182640_3226994505222005227_n.jpg

bingo.jpg
Looks white to me. I’ve never seen any bronco CG that bleached