First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Haven't seen one of these - guess there aren't very many of us just yet.

IMG_0417.jpeg
If they had this color 8 months ago when I bought my truck there would have been one more of you guys lol. Beautiful truck!

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Okay, so I have seen the cactus grey ranger up close at the assembly plant and it did not look like this. Does it look green to you? I really like the color but it seems in every picture i see or one i see while im out, they all look different? And does it have metallic flakes in it?

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Okay, so I have seen the cactus grey ranger up close at the assembly plant and it did not look like this. Does it look green to you? I really like the color but it seems in every picture i see or one i see while im out, they all look different? And does it have metallic flakes in it?
no metallic at all.
It sometimes shows a green tint - and really a lot of photos seem to boost the green.

I get tons of compliments on the color. It looks really great in person.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
no metallic at all.
It sometimes shows a green tint - and really a lot of photos seem to boost the green.

I get tons of compliments on the color. It looks really great in person.
I'm pretty much set on one for cactus grey or race red. I think the cactus grey would show scratches less, just hope it looks good with the carbonized grey bumpers and wheel arches

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I saw one at a local dealership. It does look cool in the sun.

mda113

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
Occupation
Traffic Engineering
Picked up this XLT yesterday. Coming out of a 2018 Dodge Charger R/T and while Iā€™ll miss that car, I do really like this one. The Cactus and the black appearance package really makes this thing look sexy.

Originally wanted a Tacoma but went and looked at the Ranger on a whim and couldnā€™t look at the Tacoma with any enthusiasm after that. Only complaint so far, which is well documented is the body roll. I didnā€™t notice it test driving it but got my first taste backing into my driveway and it rocked back and forth quite a bit. Itā€™s my first truck, so that may be just a truck thing and Iā€™m also coming out of the Charger and its low to the ground and very heavy. In any case, it isnā€™t something that makes me regret my choice.

6DEF1CF4-E546-4487-9BD9-1E88939755F3.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
I agree. I was cross shopping the Ranger and the Taco and I just really liked the Ranger a lot more. Plenty of people I know simply cant believe that the Ranger would be the preferred truck... but for real. Its way better.

mda113

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
Occupation
Traffic Engineering
I agree. I was cross shopping the Ranger and the Taco and I just really liked the Ranger a lot more. Plenty of people I know simply cant believe that the Ranger would be the preferred truck... but for real. Its way better.
Iā€™m a leasing guy... makes sense for me since I donā€™t put many miles and I can get into more vehicle for less money. Sure I donā€™t own, but what you save on a lease payment over financing can be banked and gets you to a similar spot. The Lariat like you have there put it out of my desired range.

Since the Taco has crazy high residuals... 78% on a 3 year, 12k mile lease, I could have gotten into a loaded TRD Sport for basically what I got with XLT. Still liked the Ranger, cloth seats and all more. I will say I would have liked a choice of a headlight package like Toyota offers, but the Ranger just looks better and honestly felt better driving.

I also have two young daughters, one of which is in an infant seat. The Ranger has about 2 more inches of rear legroom. It may not sound like much but makes a big difference. I could have gone for an F-150 if space was a huge concern, but my wife has a 2020 Mazda CX-9 with the captains chairs, so that is primarily our family driver.
Sponsored