TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Hey All -

I have the 2021 Ranger Roush .. no upgrades or tuned at all. Fully stocked out except for tires and wheels…

But …

Now I’m thinking I want to do a small little tune, or light mod for the engine … thinking cold air intake? Anyone agree or disagree for a first engine mod?

Does it help?
Brand?
Does it make a noticeable difference?

If not this.. what’s something .. let’s say under $500 that’s worth it?

Thanks all ???
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I thought the Roush Ranger already had a CAI……
I don't think so. The Roush package seems to be a $13K face lift for the Ranger.
From Roush website:
Standard Package Components
Built from 2021 Ford Ranger 301A or 302A XLT Trim with 2.3L EcoBoost Engine

Includes
  • ROUSH Grille with Dual LED Light Bars
  • Custom Fender Vent Badges
  • Dual Tip Performance Cat Back Exhaust System
  • 2.0 Off-Road Performance Suspension System
  • Satin Black 18” ROUSH Wheels
  • 32-Inch General Tire Grabber ATX Tires
  • Premium Interior Leather
  • Magnetic Gray Fender Flares with Integrated Accent Lighting
  • Custom Red Tow Hooks
  • ROUSH Floor Liners by WeatherTech
  • Serialized Interior Badge
  • ROUSH Key Fobs
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • Standard Graphics Package
Optional Upgrades
Includes
  • ROUSH Chase Rack with Dual Rigid Light Bars (while supplies last)
  • Off Road Utility Kit
  • Center Console Vault
  • Rear Seat Vault
  • Upper Stripe Graphic Upgrade
  • Rocker Stripe Graphic Upgrade

AZRanger

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
“Cold air intakes” offer no measurable differences. Use the intake the ford engineers optimized for your engine. It’s already plumbed to get air that’s away from the hot engine.

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
I’ve got a ‘21 Roush and ordered the CAI and Roush tune. The CAI is due to arrive today, so hoping to install it this evening. Having spoken with Roush, the Roush tune retailers are marketing for the ‘19-‘21 Rangers isn’t actually complete yet for the 2021s. They expect the file to be finished and ready to be flashed in 2-3 months, so I’ve got a voucher for it when it’s available.

Personally, while I realize there are perhaps “better” options available for a CAI and tune, I felt I wanted to stick with Roush because it is, after all, a Roush truck. Going with anything else kinda felt “disingenuous” to me, but again, that’s a personal preference.

As far as the intake itself is concerned, while they advertise slight gains I’m not really expecting any noticeable improvements without the tune. If all goes according to plan, I’ll let you know tomorrow what, if any, impacts I notice.

Again, my choice was based purely on sticking with the Roush branding….so I know it’s not gonna be inline with the majority of the replies. I’m also looking ahead to the tune, so that played a role.

Anyway, just thought I’d toss out my .02 cents.

I’ll also note that while a good portion of the Roush Package is cosmetic…it does include extremely nice leather seating along with the upgraded exhaust and suspension, and I love the flares and grille. The WeatherTech mats are also nice. I mention this because I know Roush takes a little flack for being a “cosmetic” upgrade, but with the discount I got it was a no-brainer at the time…..and I love that I’ve never seen another one on the road.

Anyway, I realize that doesn’t actually address your questions….just figured I’d chime in.

Lol, I’m gonna toss in a few recent pics….just for kicks:
5B421750-4FE1-44ED-B710-55A72F7BA1E3.jpeg
6BB243C5-350C-44D9-900B-DFD6A57B7EB2.jpeg

Last edited:

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I’ve got a ‘21 Roush and ordered the CAI and Roush tune. The CAI is due to arrive today, so hoping to install it this evening. Having spoken with Roush, the tune retailers are marketing for the ‘19-‘21 Rangers isn’t actually complete yet for the 2021s. They expect the file to be finished and ready to be flashed in 2-3 months, so I’ve got a voucher for it when it’s available.

Price be damned, that’s one of the best looking Rangers I’ve seen!

Just curious, does a Ford dealer install the Rousch tune?

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
Price be damned, that’s one of the best looking Rangers I’ve seen!

Just curious, does a Ford dealer install the Rousch tune?
Thanks!! The Ford dealer can install the Roush tune, and of course that’s what’s recommended; but I’m planning to have my local shop do it. I think they have a lot more experience with tunes overall and they have the required hardware, so that’s likely the route I’ll go.

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I’ve got a ‘21 Roush and ordered the CAI and Roush tune. The CAI is due to arrive today, so hoping to install it this evening. Having spoken with Roush, the tune retailers are marketing for the ‘19-‘21 Rangers isn’t actually complete yet for the 2021s. They expect the file to be finished and ready to be flashed in 2-3 months, so I’ve got a voucher for it when it’s available.

Personally, while I realize there are perhaps “better” options available for a CAI and tune, I felt I wanted to stick with Roush because it is, after all, a Roush truck. Going with anything else kinda felt “disingenuous” to me, but again, that’s a personal preference.

As far as the intake itself is concerned, while they advertise slight gains I’m not really expecting any noticeable improvements without the tune. If all goes according to plan, I’ll let you know tomorrow what, if any, impacts I notice.

Again, my choice was based purely on sticking with the Roush branding….so I know it’s not gonna be inline with the majority of the replies. I’m also looking ahead to the tune, so that played a role.

Anyway, just thought I’d toss out my .02 cents.

I’ll also note that while a good portion of the Roush Package is cosmetic…it does include extremely nice leather seating along with the upgraded exhaust and suspension, and I love the flares and grille. The WeatherTech mats are also nice. I mention this because I know Roush takes a little flack for being a “cosmetic” upgrade, but with the discount I got it was a no-brainer at the time…..and I love that I’ve never seen another one on the road.

Anyway, I realize that doesn’t actually address your questions….just figured I’d chime in.

Lol, I’m gonna toss in a few recent pics….just for kicks:
Check your instant message / Conversation on here buddy … please ???
Sponsored