Fault messages/chimes when driving in salty, slushy conditions

CJohnStanchina

First Name
CJohn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 SuperCab, 2011 BMW X3 2.8 XDrive, 2003 BMW 330 CiC
Last week when driving in salty road spray conditions immediately following a snowfall, I received repeated false alarms indicating I had a trailer connected (which I didn't), a trailer disconnected, as well as various right/left tail lamp faults. Anybody else experience anything like this?
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I haven't experienced that, only the front parking sensors going crazy when covered with snow and ice and I just shut them off. Also, the co-pilot system will warn you it isn't working if the windshield gets dirty or covered in ice(freezing fog).

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I had a similar problem with my Ram1500. Taillight would throw a bulb out fault whenever it snow. I found a bad connection that was letting the saltwater in.

I would have the dealer check all the connections to see where the water is getting in

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Last week when driving in salty road spray conditions immediately following a snowfall, I received repeated false alarms indicating I had a trailer connected (which I didn't), a trailer disconnected, as well as various right/left tail lamp faults. Anybody else experience anything like this?

There's a TSB for a big connector under the truck that could have been pushed together wrong damaging important pins that connect to your tail lights and trailer connector. I'd get it in and have them check that connector as it's not supposed to do that even underwater.

OP
OP
CJohnStanchina

CJohnStanchina

First Name
CJohn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 SuperCab, 2011 BMW X3 2.8 XDrive, 2003 BMW 330 CiC
There's a TSB for a big connector under the truck that could have been pushed together wrong damaging important pins that connect to your tail lights and trailer connector. I'd get it in and have them check that connector as it's not supposed to do that even underwater.
Thanks for that guidance!
Sponsored