Hill Start Assist Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, Antilock Brake Fault Messages

SBCSD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
On the way home from work this morning I received these three messages on my instrument panel. I had the cruise control on and when these warning messages started cruise control was turned off, my brakes were automatically applied. I was 73 mph and when the truck slowed to 60 mph the brakes released. I was unable to reengage cruise control and my power steering was not working. ABS and traction control lights stayed illuminated. Once I got home I checked to see if maybe the camera might have been blocked by a dirty windshield. I started the truck up again and received the same messages and power steering was still not working. I decided to drive to the dealer to see if they had a chance to check my truck out. Once I restarted my truck I received the same messages again. Backed out of my garage and my power steering started working again and no dash lights were illuminated. truck drove with no issues to the dealer.
The dealer would not be able to check my truck out for at least 4 days and they wanted me to leave it. not wanting to pay out of pocket for a rental I made an appointment for when I didn't need my truck.
My windshield is badly pitted and I'm wondering if that might have triggered the warnings. I have a few times in the past gotten the collision red light flashes when I was not near any other vehicle. My drive home has the sun directly in front of me and that's what made me think my badly pitted windshield might be messing with the camera.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

sjackson141

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Carpenter
Vehicle Showcase
yes I'm currently having the same problem and have been since around march/April of this year is when it started. its happened about 5-6 times total to me. Ive noticed its always happened to me when turning left. I only drive highway mountain roads as I live in a mountain town in BC, Canada. Every time its come on first it starts with advance trac fault, abs fault, steering wheel goes stiff as if I've lost electric power steering, then sometimes it will also hit me with no hill start assist, no terrain management and cant shift into or out of 4x4. But same thing I turn the truck off, turn it back on and all the same messages appear, drive a few meters then it all goes away and truck goes back to normal.

been to the dealer about 4 times for it, first time they said faulty wheel speed sensor and they replaced. didn't happen for a while but then it started again and happened a few more times. so far they cant work it out or there not looking hard enough as they have said there extremely short staffed at the closet dealership.

im going overseas shortly and it happened again the other day so the truck is staying at the bigger city dealership with more techs on hand compared to my closet local dealership for the month while im away and I hope they can sort it out for good.

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
My 2019 Ranger Lariat has similar issues, sporadic alarms and displays as mentioned, but turn off and restart like nothing happened. Dealer has had few weeks now looking and looking.

sjackson141

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Carpenter
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Ranger Lariat has similar issues, sporadic alarms and displays as mentioned, but turn off and restart like nothing happened. Dealer has had few weeks now looking and looking.
interested to here what your dealership says, my service manager seems to think its an electrical wiring issue/damage somewhere

OP
OP
SBCSD

SBCSD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time my brake lights would not turn off. This happened in July of this year. I bought a new brake light switch and all the issues went away.
I am wondering if it might be the brake light switch. Maybe a faulty contact in the switch. I have pulled the connector off the switch and almost immediately I will get the same error messages and once I plug the connector back in, all error messages go away. I think I'm going to hold off taking to the dealer for now.

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
City Administrator
interested to here what your dealership says, my service manager seems to think its an electrical wiring issue/damage somewhere
We think same and zeroing in on it. My dealer has been excellent and trying to sort it out. I’ll post back.

sjackson141

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Carpenter
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet thanks, yer my service manager has been good to deal with so far. Just think he’s absolutely swamped with work and not having enough mechanics.

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
City Administrator
Sweet thanks, yer my service manager has been good to deal with so far. Just think he’s absolutely swamped with work and not having enough mechanics.
Yes, mine too. They have me in a new F150 no charge for three weeks now.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Could be anything, including rodents.

At least one of those four chewed up wires below is for the pre-collision system. Ask me how I know.

IMG_3532.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
On the way home from work this morning I received these three messages on my instrument panel. I had the cruise control on and when these warning messages started cruise control was turned off, my brakes were automatically applied. I was 73 mph and when the truck slowed to 60 mph the brakes released. I was unable to reengage cruise control and my power steering was not working. ABS and traction control lights stayed illuminated. Once I got home I checked to see if maybe the camera might have been blocked by a dirty windshield. I started the truck up again and received the same messages and power steering was still not working. I decided to drive to the dealer to see if they had a chance to check my truck out. Once I restarted my truck I received the same messages again. Backed out of my garage and my power steering started working again and no dash lights were illuminated. truck drove with no issues to the dealer.
The dealer would not be able to check my truck out for at least 4 days and they wanted me to leave it. not wanting to pay out of pocket for a rental I made an appointment for when I didn't need my truck.
My windshield is badly pitted and I'm wondering if that might have triggered the warnings. I have a few times in the past gotten the collision red light flashes when I was not near any other vehicle. My drive home has the sun directly in front of me and that's what made me think my badly pitted windshield might be messing with the camera.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I run 285/70-17s...one of tires had a puncture so I mounted the factory 265/75-17 to get to the tire shop and I got all these same warnings...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a dead rat or cat!
That’s the hood insulation - I guess he felt like a nap after his snack and tried to make a nest.

IMG_3578.jpeg

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
City Administrator
Any updates from your dealer mate?
Picked up the truck yesterday. Ground points 121, 122, 123 all loose or corroded and repaired. Also multiple U codes caused displays and required a DSP update, whatever U codes are.
Sponsored