Factory Keypad Failure

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership opened ticket on keypad. New one on order. Said this is the first they heard of in the SE region.. le td s see how long it takes to get a new Keypad..more to follow
My dealer ordered one on last Friday (5/31) and said 5-7 days. We will see how long it takes.
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
This is interesting. I was seriously thinking of getting this option. Figured it was hardwired to the truck. I did not get it because I preferred a more streamlined look similar to the keypad on a friends early 2000 - ish Explorer. If I remember right it was built into and almost flush with the door.

Seeing that it is stick on I was thought maybe one could put it on the side of the back of the cab between bed and rear window possibly. Inside the fuel door also sounded like a good idea. That got me wondering... does not the fuel door lock when the truck doors lock? If so how would you get to the keypad to unlock the doors if it is also locked behind the gas flap?

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
This is interesting. I was seriously thinking of getting this option. Figured it was hardwired to the truck. I did not get it because I preferred a more streamlined look similar to the keypad on a friends early 2000 - ish Explorer. If I remember right it was built into and almost flush with the door.

Seeing that it is stick on I was thought maybe one could put it on the side of the back of the cab between bed and rear window possibly. Inside the fuel door also sounded like a good idea. That got me wondering... does not the fuel door lock when the truck doors lock? If so how would you get to the keypad to unlock the doors if it is also locked behind the gas flap?
The Fuel door does not lock.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Thanks, tgRanger. I thought the fuel door locked. Wrongly figured that was standard on most vehicles these days.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
Follow up: Took to dealer...battery dead...replacement to arrive on the 18th. As for using the Ford Sync app...and subsequently, my phone for access...can't exactly surf with your phone.

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
Follow up: Took to dealer...battery dead...replacement to arrive on the 18th. As for using the Ford Sync app...and subsequently, my phone for access...can't exactly surf with your phone.
I SUP with my phone, INSURED waterproof Samsung S10, but surfing would be too much. I love my Galaxy watch as it is water proof, securely on my wrist, and can process GPS and credit card transactions... I would love a watch app to open the door, either through wifi or even if it could act as a keyfob direct to car. Seems like they can beam to a cell tower and a floating object in the sky but can't figure out how to open the car door.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Update on the failed keypad.
Dealer says, subcontractor will be shipping a mass shipment of reworked keypads out on 1 July to all that have back orders (me).

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer ordered one on last Friday (5/31) and said 5-7 days. We will see how long it takes.
The dealer said the part was in Monday (6/24) and I had it replaced this morning. We will see how long this lasts. The work order stated "Replace and reprogram keypad per SSM 48026."

Shermy452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 lariat fx4
Same here. I pulled and replaced mine (with dental floss) like you did and a few days later it was dead. Volt tested the battery and it was 0. Put in a second fresh one at 4V and after a few days it was dead too. Must be an open circuit in the circuit board draining the battery since the keypad has gone through the factory battery and two more. Frustrated I have to now go through the warranty process at the dealership, waste of a day.

However I was able to relocate it to inside on the gas door. Fits perfect and works great (while battery was not dead). I posted the pics on another thread.
Where did you post the pictures? Loved to see that option

tlhdoc

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I am currently sitting at my dealer's waiting room. 28 days ago the battery was replaced in my factory keypad. We purchased the truck in August. They had a new key pad in stock, so they are replacing it. I will see how long it will last.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I am currently sitting at my dealer's waiting room. 28 days ago the battery was replaced in my factory keypad. We purchased the truck in August. They had a new key pad in stock, so they are replacing it. I will see how long it will last.
what was the build date on the truck?

jusknight

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to pay for this fix? My dealership says it's an add-on and they're not responsible for it, but I bought the truck from them with it already installed and listed as equipment on the window sticker. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle on this thing. It's on the truck. I bought it that way. Ford needs to fix it. Am I crazy for thinking this?

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to pay for this fix? My dealership says it's an add-on and they're not responsible for it, but I bought the truck from them with it already installed and listed as equipment on the window sticker. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle on this thing. It's on the truck. I bought it that way. Ford needs to fix it. Am I crazy for thinking this?
Yes had it replaced (wasn't even at the dealer I bought it from). It is their responsibility. Ask to speak to a manager and call Ford if no luck. Or switch dealers
Sponsored