Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
have they changed it?
I never play with it now, but i did back when i had my 2013 escape.
it didnt limit speed at all, it only gave audible warnings that were annoying enough because my daughter couldnt turn up the radio to drown out the beeps (as it was limited in volume) .
It looks like they have

You can set a vehicle speed limit. When the MyKey driver reaches the set speed, the display will show warnings, followed by an audible tone. The driver will not be able to override the set speed by fully depressing the accelerator pedal or by using cruise control.
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
with frequent fraudulent activity, tiered licensing would help eliminate how easy and often the fraud happens.
we have tired licensing in Canada
does it make safer drivers? I hope so, it keeps you from getting in over your head before your skill levels improve.
do you honestly think a kid, newly minted license should take dads sports car onto the freeway?
does he have the skills to handle whats potentially about to happen? Your basic license and handbook quiz offers zero in this regard.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/teen-charged-after-nissan-clocked-going-240-km-h-on-highway-407-1.1808136
That is on the parent then for letting the kid do that and also just about every newer vehicle has a teen driver mode even our trucks do, to quote ben franklin those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety, idk bout in canada but the drivers test I had to take 2 written ones and a practical one in the vehicle I would be driving were pretty thorough and yes practice makes perfect that is why at least in florida you have to log practice time with your parent in various conditions once you get your learners permit (15 written test have restrictions on time and need to be with a qualified adult) before taking the test when you turn 16 to get your license, and at that point you do have restrictions as far as times you can drive that in my opinion is more important than where tired driving is as dangerous as driving drunk and at night youll see both types so they roll back the restrictions gradually.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Just had to make sure lol but dude can you imagine just walking down the road and u hear a bush start talking and it turns out there is a motorcycle cop in it ?
It's actually from the Andy Griffith Show. One of my favorite episodes, Barney and the sidecar?

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
No way. They need the money from tickets to much here in the US.

Now if you said they are going to install little printers in new cars so when you go 10mph over your speeding ticket automatically prints out from the dash… that I can see ?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist

Now if you said they are going to install little printers in new cars so when you go 10mph over your speeding ticket automatically prints out from the dash… that I can see ?
No, with in vehicle tracking, they will just send a bill to your house each month.

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
No, with in vehicle tracking, they will just send a bill to your house each month.
Yeah or that. To be honest I’m shocked they haven’t tried this yet.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
blind leading the blind literally. who can assume mom or dad are even qualified safe drivers? could be passing on their stupid driving habits and have no ability to teach.
if you're ok with newer vehicles having teen driver modes....then whats the difference having dumb ass adult driving modes to keep them reckless adults in a safe speed?
Because they are optional and can be turned off the biggest difference is that it is a choice. Also that is why you have to take a practical driving test that they are very strict on, the biggest difference is that it is a choice and not the government overstepping. Their concerns are not altruistic they want more power if they wanted to actually help people they would.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase

We are coming closer and closer to demolition man every day....