First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Pretty aggressive timeline IMHO.

Chrysler CES 2022 Announcement

It looks like this may be Chrysler specific and not aimed at Jeep, Ram, etc.

The Chrysler Airflow Concept does look pretty cool.

I'm just wondering how Chrysler can get by without having transmissions to fail.

chrysler-airflow-concept.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like they're all doing it in some form. Ford is going all electric in Europe by 2030 and has been dumping billions into EV's here right now.

I still can't see this happening until the whole countries electrical grid is updated and not just in the big cities. Going to be a fun ride watching these little country towns with old outdated grids going black when the summer ac demands kick in. Heck it's happening now in CA where they can't generate enough power and they're telling the people to RAISE your ac and cut your usage back during peak hours. :crazy:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...lead-americas-shift-to-electric-vehicles.html

https://apnews.com/article/ford-all-electric-in-europe-by-2030-9fd2178e1b972a8cbb71a562c84ad774#:~:text=FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Ford is vowing to,the seismic technological changes sweeping the auto industry.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This just out yesterday. Ford is doubling the F150 Lightning production.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-f-150-lightning-production-150000-units.html

• Ford is planning to nearly double production capacity of the all-electric F-150 Lightning™pickup to 150,000 vehicles per year at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan, to meet soaring customer demand
  • F-150 Lightning moves to the final phase of pre-production as pickups roll off the line for real-world durability and thousands of miles of testing ahead of customer deliveries this spring
  • On Thursday, the first wave of reservation holders for F-150 Lightning will start converting their reservations to orders; additional reservation holders will be invited in phases to place their order over the next few months. For those who don’t receive invites for the 2022 model year, there will be an opportunity to order for future model years.
  • With unprecedented demand for the Mustang Mach-E, Ford earlier announced it will increase production starting this year and expects to reach 200,000-plus units per year by 2023; within 24 months, Ford will have the global capacity to produce 600,000 battery electric vehicles annually

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I wonder how Elon feels about all this. I'd buy an electric Ford before any of his vehicles. And the F150 lightning and Rivian will kill any chance of his non-existent Cyber Truck.

Yeah, I know. The MUSKeteers are going to be sore.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
This just out yesterday. Ford is doubling the F150 Lightning production.
I'm just going to buy some extra solar panels so I can still have my morning coffee when the grid goes down, and laugh at these guys when they realize they can't drive more than 100 miles.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well Tesla is currently valued at over a trillion - far more than GM, Ford and numerous other makers combined value, enuff said.

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I wonder how Elon feels about all this. I'd buy an electric Ford before any of his vehicles. And the F150 lightning and Rivian will kill any chance of his non-existent Cyber Truck.

Yeah, I know. The MUSKeteers are going to be sore.
While Ford or someone else may be able to build a better electric car, Elon is who made an electric car a viable alternative.

Before the Tesla, electric cars were an afterthought with pitiful range and performance.

I've been in several Teslas and the acceleration is incredible, especially when it is so silent when doing so.

I'm not ready for a full electric yet as I live in the sticks so a PHEV makes more sense.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm just going to buy some extra solar panels so I can still have my morning coffee when the grid goes down, and laugh at these guys when they realize they can't drive more than 100 miles.
I have solar at my house which does 100% of my electric. I might have to add a couple more panels if I ever get an EV. I don't have any battery backup yet because there's really no need for them here. Our grid is fairly new out here and in the past 6 years we've only lost power once for about an hour. I can net meter my overage so the electric company just "banks" my excess that I produce during the day and feeds it back to me at night.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have solar at my house which does 100% of my electric. I might have to add a couple more panels if I ever get an EV. I don't have any battery backup yet because there's really no need for them here. Our grid is fairly new out here and in the past 6 years we've only lost power once for about an hour. I can net meter my overage so the electric company just "banks" my excess that I produce during the day and feeds it back to me at night.
Yeah my understanding is many homes (solar or not) are 100 amp box, and EVs are pulling like 70 amps. So all these guys wanting to going electric have to upgrade or hope they have a 200 amp box.

My solar setup is homebrew. I used Trojan golf cart batteries at $180 per. I had to drive all the way to Indiana to get that price, pick up from a warehouse that was not set up for a customer purchase on site at all, then get told by the warehouse manager "So......don't get pulled over with these in your truck" when I left! :D

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah my understanding is many homes (solar or not) are 100 amp box, and EVs are pulling like 70 amps. So all these guys wanting to going electric have to upgrade or hope they have a 200 amp box.

My solar setup is homebrew. I used Trojan golf cart batteries at $180 per. I had to drive all the way to Indiana to get that price, pick up from a warehouse that was not set up for a customer purchase on site at all, then get told by the warehouse manager "So......don't get pulled over with these in your truck" when I left! :D
Sounds a little fishy, eh? ?

Have I Got A Deal For You.gif

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I have no issues with EV but I just don't think we are ready yet for a huge rollout. Considering cities have rolling blackouts in summer months because they can't handle all the A/C running how are they going to handle the additional auto charging?
Just my thoughts...

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have no issues with EV but I just don't think we are ready yet for a huge rollout. Considering cities have rolling blackouts in summer months because they can't handle all the A/C running how are they going to handle the additional auto charging?
Just my thoughts...
It's people like you who are standing in the way of progress!

Take your inconvenient truths and facts and go home!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It's people like you who are standing in the way of progress!

Take your inconvenient truths and facts and go home!
One partially mitigating factor is that a lot of EV charging would happen at night when other demand is low. Not saying that will fix it, but it will mitigate it to some degree.

I do think it will be a bumpy ride but it will eventually get figured out. We have to start somewhere.