First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
It's not just the size of the companies anymore that reflects value. Nokia started as a boot manufacturer. Kyocera made dinner china. Mitsubishi wasn't the giant it's become. LG used to be known as Goldstar - cheap electronics I remember at JM Fields, Kmart and Montgomery Wards.
Sponsored

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
They may as well give up on making gas engines after some of the issues they have had on new designs like the tigershark 2.4 :facepalm:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Kodak stock is doing okay these days, weird huh? And with Ford suddenly cutting lightning production this thread didn't age well.

EVs have a huge gap to cover to replace the ICE and even then a secondary market will have to develop for those who can't afford brand new cars.
Someone would have to be desperate or insane to buy a used EV, with the potential to need a multi thousand-dollar replacement battery. IMO, for that reason, resale values for EV's will be in the dirt.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I always find it interesting that when something like this happens, the company which replaces the previous one, is often doing something very similar but obviously slightly different to the ailing company.
Fujifilm once lived in Kodak s shadow, made film, and cameras, and medical equipment just like Kodak, yet they still prosper, whilst Kodak is a shadow of it's former self.

Last edited:

Horus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
What I read "Chrysler Plans to Go Bankrupt by 2028".
Sponsored