Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I spent the money to plug my usb cell phone charger (I keep half dozen around the house anyway) in the A/C outlet on the back of the console. When I plug in my iPhone, it deactivates the stop/start. doesn't pull battery power when I get out and leave the truck. Simplest fix I could come up with.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
And happy for all those who don't mind it stopping, but I'm not in that group. It's startling EVERY time. :) Passengers even look over like, did your car just cut out? If I had an electric Prius or something maybe it wouldn't be so noticeable. Also powers down the AC a lot, which is a big deal in the GA Summer, and at least for me it often jacks with my stereo (i.e. phone disconnects and starts playing radio instead of phone audio).
I disabled mine in Forscan, I agree the shutter when restarting is super annoying. My understanding is if the AC is on it should disable auto start/stop. There are a number of reason it auto disables, battery charging, below a minimum engine temp, using AC powerpoint, etc. The AC powerpoint being the reason plugging the nightlight or charger in works. Agreed have it shut off and stopping your AC is not good. I would have your dealer look at that, it shouldn't happen. There is a display that shows you why it is disabled on your dash display. I haven't used it, but have heard about it.

I never had an issue with my phone disconnecting because of AS/S. My be another thing for dealer.

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I am 90% in the habit of hitting the stock button when I get in my ranger, but the 10% time i forget and it shuts the motor off I get angry....still contemplating a permaFIX.... plus reading these posts keeps me entertained ?

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I am 90% in the habit of hitting the stock button when I get in my ranger, but the 10% time i forget and it shuts the motor off I get angry....still contemplating a permaFIX.... plus reading these posts keeps me entertained ?
the auto stop eliminator works just like it says, hit the button once and never think about it again - I put mine in in April and haven't touched the 'off' button again and is q 15 minute installation, removable and well worth the money to me its a reversible 'permanent' solution. yea its 90 bucks but if it makes me like my 30k truck more, who cares? I've spent a lot more money on a lot dumber things. :like:

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
I disabled mine in Forscan, I agree the shutter when restarting is super annoying. My understanding is if the AC is on it should disable auto start/stop. There are a number of reason it auto disables, battery charging, below a minimum engine temp, using AC powerpoint, etc. The AC powerpoint being the reason plugging the nightlight or charger in works. Agreed have it shut off and stopping your AC is not good. I would have your dealer look at that, it shouldn't happen. There is a display that shows you why it is disabled on your dash display. I haven't used it, but have heard about it.

I never had an issue with my phone disconnecting because of AS/S. My be another thing for dealer.
Definitely not disabled by the AC. But it does kick down your AC power a lot. ?

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
After you put it in you'll wonder why it took you so long. Really is well worth it.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
After you put it in you'll wonder why it took you so long. Really is well worth it.
agreed I hate stop start, I tried for one week to get used to it but just can't do it so It was the first thing I did when I brought my truck home..... after washing it of course. :like:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Definitely not disabled by the AC. But it does kick down your AC power a lot. ?
I stand corrected. Just looked in the manual LOL. PAGE 139, It will restart to maintain comfort level or if fan or temp setting is changed. Evidently there is also a Max off time, wonder if this could be set to zero in Forscan? O'boy a new hunt ?. Never experienced that because I disabled it before it got warm enough to need AC.

Reactions: Doc

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
I stand corrected. Just looked in the manual LOL. PAGE 139, It will restart to maintain comfort level or if fan or temp setting is changed. Evidently there is also a Max off time, wonder if this could be set to zero in Forscan? O'boy a new hunt ?. Never experienced that because I disabled it before it got warm enough to need AC.
im afraid to mess with forscan - Ive read that ford MAY void warranty on some things IF they notice alterations that's why I went the the autostop eliminator it is removable and if you turn it back "on" it will act like normal --the SS curse is back just like when you bought it or removing it completely takes very little time --its the best $90 Ive ever spent (yes I know there are other free ways to do it) but makes me love my truck that much more and on a 30k truck, what's 90 bucks??????

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
I don't love the auto start/stop, but I don't hate it either. Our other car is a Prius so I guess I'm just fairly used to the feature. If it's going to save me even a nickel in gas, I'm gonna leave it and shut it off as appropriate. The tuck still kicks a--! Happy tuckin', y'all!

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Start/stop happened twice on drive home from dealer. Thought I could get used to it. Nope, had it disabled via forscan within an hour of leaving dealer lot.

Start/stop doesn't change mileage for the highway miles, so I wouldn't see a change.

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Start/stop happened twice on drive home from dealer. Thought I could get used to it. Nope, had it disabled via forscan within an hour of leaving dealer lot.

Start/stop doesn't change mileage for the highway miles, so I wouldn't see a change.
As much as i'd like to. Can't get used to it in small town. Used a nite light. Happy now.

Roy Johnson

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Chili Pepper Red
Occupation
Chef
With more and more vehicles on the planet. It could save the world emissions wise. I can see someday this being a regulation for all new vehicles. I think it is cool!
Sponsored