First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
So I have had my Ranger for a couple weeks and since I got it it's a 20/20 it makes kind of like a rattle I'll step on the gas let off the gas and you'll hear it watch my video Tell me if this is normal? Could it be the turbo? Or is this just a way this engine sounds?...
Sponsored

Attachments

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
So I have had my Ranger for a couple weeks and since I got it it's a 20/20 it makes kind of like a rattle I'll step on the gas let off the gas and you'll hear it watch my video Tell me if this is normal? Could it be the turbo? Or is this just a way this engine sounds?...
Sorry, can’t play the video.

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
Yea sounds good to me. I listened to one that just came off the assembly line and it sounds the same.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
Yea sounds good to me. I listened to one that just came off the assembly line and it sounds the same.
Seriously? It's normal? But I do hear what I'm saying right? I'm not crazy?

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
You hear it. You're not crazy. It's the tick/buzz from these motors. Standard sounds from such a little powerplant/powerhouse. Try running a higher octane gas the next time you fill up and see if that helps with the tick. Other then that, you are good.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
You hear it. You're not crazy. It's the tick/buzz from these motors. Standard sounds from such a little powerplant/powerhouse. Try running a higher octane gas the next time you fill up and see if that helps with the tick. Other then that, you are good.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it...it's my first real truck.....I did have a ridgeline lol which was not a truck

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
No worries. Good on you for asking. The tick is the pistons hitting their seat within the engine. The buzz has been attributed to the turbo. Drive it until the blinky lights come on, then worry lol. Enjoy your REAL TRUCK :)

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
No worries. Good on you for asking. The tick is the pistons hitting their seat within the engine. The buzz has been attributed to the turbo. Drive it until the blinky lights come on, then worry lol. Enjoy your REAL TRUCK :)
Lol thanks glad to know it's normal. Have u had any issues with ur truck? What year is it? Any lights ever come on?

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
I am currently overseas so i haven't even sat in my truck. I just got mine 2 weeks ago, it's a 2021, and for the price of my Tremor Lariat Supercrew , there better not be any damn lights lol. My sister and brother in-law work for Ford in Dearborn. They just sent me a video of a brand new truck that rolled off the line today. So I had their input prior to my purchase and they love these trucks and have answered every question I have had prior to my purchase. I also have driven 5 of them where I am through being in the military. All American models and the engine noise is the same.

Pddvorak

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I can hear what youre talking about. It definitely sounds different than mine. Unfortunately, im no mechanic :(

2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Pistons hitting their seat WTH is that. The ticking is probably the high pressure fuel pump.