Sponsored

Engine grenaded due to water intrusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandaccess

Well-Known Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Jul 8, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
2,744
Location
Binghamton, N.Y
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Sounds to me like they don’t want to fix it ( i.e. put a cylinder head on it) and instead just throwing a long block at it. Highly unlikely it’s a total engine failure. But you won’t know unless you ask.
an LS Swap, replace it with a real engine LOL
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Racket

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
3,581
Location
Here and There
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Wow OP, talk about jinxed. I guess you only started posting last December and almost everything was issues with your truck. You said you had a tune from OZ and was looking into another company's at one point - you had issues with the transmission but the dealer never confirmed it. Pity to see another SCab go away as relatively rare as they are.

I didn't know OZ offered tunes for four cylinders but then I got mine based on reviews from people here.

Shame you wouldn't get much in trade at this point for the Subaru you were considering.
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Wow OP, talk about jinxed. I guess you only started posting last December and almost everything was issues with your truck. You said you had a tune from OZ and was looking into another company's at one point - you had issues with the transmission but the dealer never confirmed it. Pity to see another SCab go away as relatively rare as they are.

I didn't know OZ offered tunes for four cylinders but then I got mine based on reviews from people here.

Shame you wouldn't get much in trade at this point for the Subaru you were considering.
Yeah, I really enjoyed the truck till it started have repeated problems.
That killed it for me, so in a roundabout way it's kinda of a blessing in disguise.
I wish the truck hadn't started being a turd, but I guess it happens sometimes.
 

airline tech

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
28
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
8,935
Location
Midwest - KS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
To fully understand - You had repeated (Water-Intrusion) in the wells which resulted in repeated misfire issues?
or
Only repeated - Misfire Issues?

I am curious - what they found and determined (engine replacement)
I understand your frustration, sometimes its best to just - take the loss and move to another vehicle.
 


Frenchy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Threads
169
Messages
7,699
Reaction score
10,978
Location
Elizabeth, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier, 1994 F150 XL, 2022 Ford Transit
Occupation
Field Service Technician
Ford didn't give me any details, they only stated "catastrophic engine failure due to water intrusion".
I can't give information that I don't have, unfortunately.
Then perhaps you should dig a bit deeper into the issue?! Yes I'm aware of the problem you speak of, but it wasn't an issue for me when I had my 2019. How many miles were on the truck?
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
To fully understand - You had repeated (Water-Intrusion) in the wells which resulted in repeated misfire issues?
or
Only repeated - Misfire Issues?

I am curious - what they found and determined (engine replacement)
I understand your frustration, sometimes its best to just - take the loss and move to another vehicle.
Repeated water intrusion in cylinder one well, causing repeated misfire issues. They didn't give me any additional information ,only stating catastrophic engine failure due water intrusion in cylinder one.
I'm absolutely moving to a new vehicle, I'm done with Ford because of the problems with the truck.
As far as the only recommendation I received from Ford, they want to replace the entire engine and turbo.
I want none of that, so I am now deciding how I'm going to get rid of the truck, and I'll be contacting Ford corporate to attempt to get at least some type of compensation for the loss. Probably won't happen, but I'm at least gonna try.
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Then perhaps you should dig a bit deeper into the issue?! Yes I'm aware of the problem you speak of, but it wasn't an issue for me when I had my 2019. How many miles were on the truck?
I don't care enough to dig, I just want to be rid of it.
The truck had 40,964 miles.
 

Frenchy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Threads
169
Messages
7,699
Reaction score
10,978
Location
Elizabeth, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier, 1994 F150 XL, 2022 Ford Transit
Occupation
Field Service Technician
I don't care enough to dig, I just want to be rid of it.
The truck had 40,964 miles.
Something I just realized especially with the low miles you report. You have a Tune by OZ. I'm not sure how good it is or isn't, but I suspect that to be your problem instead of the so called water intrusion. My 2019 made it past 50,000 with a Livernoise Tune and it wasn't the Tune that did my truck in(this forum won't let me live it down lol). I'm also aware that not all tunes are equal. Something to keep in mind
 

21rangerCactus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Threads
28
Messages
398
Reaction score
972
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
So is your truck running but with a misfire? Is it locked up? Blowing smoke?
 
OP
OP
Dropped F Bomb

Dropped F Bomb

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
47
Reaction score
52
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So is your truck running but with a misfire? Is it locked up? Blowing smoke?
No, it's sitting with a non functional engine at the dealership. I have no more information than what I've stated.
I can't give information that I don't have. I don't care enough to ask.
 

Frenchy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Threads
169
Messages
7,699
Reaction score
10,978
Location
Elizabeth, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier, 1994 F150 XL, 2022 Ford Transit
Occupation
Field Service Technician
No, it's sitting with a non functional engine at the dealership. I have no more information than what I've stated.
I can't give information that I don't have. I don't care enough to ask.
Non Functional how? The more information the better
 

21rangerCactus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Threads
28
Messages
398
Reaction score
972
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
No, it's sitting with a non functional engine at the dealership. I have no more information than what I've stated.
I can't give information that I don't have. I don't care enough to ask.
Okay man.. So you didn't drive it in to the dealer? Or have it towed because the engine went out?

So you don't care enough to ask but care enough to post up and be an ass to people on here trying to help?
Sponsored

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
 








Top