Due Dililgence

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm 5'11" and use the running boards about 50% when getting in, but I use them every time I get out of the vehicle.
I do it simply to protect the drivers seat base from premature wear. The rest of the interior can be perfect, but if you slide off the seat to get out, it doesn't take long for the seat base to look like crap.
Sponsored

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
Veh weight is around 4400 lbs. GCVWR is 12, 400....deduct 4400 and that leaves 8000. Deduct 2 people, 2 small dogs, full take of gas, some odds n ends in bed, call it 750 lbs. Leaves 7250. Deduct, in my case, about 650 lbs for the tongue weight, and now your at about 6600 lbs for the trailer.
And, where did you get the figure of deducting 15 % "to tow safely" ??? Is that just a ### that you are comfortable with ? If your referring to a tongue weight of about 15 %, you don't deduct it, it becomes part of the trucks carrying payload.
If your truck is properly set up, and trailer is properly set up, there is no need to "just pick a number" like 15 % to tow safely. Have towed for many many years, and I have never read, or heard of deducting 15 % to tow safely.
your opinion, your maxing out your truck, and that will cause damage and make it unsafe.... read anything on towing and it tells to deduct some cases up to 20% minimum 10%... best of luck.. and has zero to do with tongue weight...