Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Tasca took 2days to to cancel my order (Out of stock) Here is a List of everyplace I tried to order from last week and orders were canceled out of stock and no estimate when they will be back in stock.

tascaparts. 97.
fordpartsgiant 74.11
autopartsprime 79.85
oemfordpartsfast 91.12
lascoautoparts eBay 94.03
Finally got one local at Fairway Ford $87. Placentia CA
As of Monday 8/29 morning there was one in stock at https://www.orovilleford.com
Wait..Placentia Ca? Is that in Womb County? ?
Sponsored

DenyBlueXL

First Name
Deny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
None
Wait..Placentia Ca? Is that in Womb County? ?
Spent a week ordering online (In stock ships 1-3 day) find out 24hrs to two days later not in stock. Fairway Ford in Placentia Calif only a 20min drive for me had it in stock and less than list price. Don't know if they have any more.Noticed some websites still say "In stock" but they don't have one, I know on Monday 8/29 Oroville Ford in Calif had one $94. shipped, ask for Bill in parts

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Spent a week ordering online (In stock ships 1-3 day) find out 24hrs to two days later not in stock. Fairway Ford in Placentia Calif only a 20min drive for me had it in stock and less than list price. Don't know if they have any more.Noticed some websites still say "In stock" but they don't have one, I know on Monday 8/29 Oroville Ford in Calif had one $94. shipped, ask for Bill in parts
YIKES!!! Wondering if these are still available with other applications like the Explorer, etc? A really weird situation....

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
YIKES!!! Wondering if these are still available with other applications like the Explorer, etc? A really weird situation....
Since they are saying they are on backorder (and not discontinued) there is hope that more will be available in the not too distant future.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
What? No, no, no. None of those. Not even close Mike.

It’s the Global Precision Parking Positioning System. It’s only needed on Sabre Rangers. It’s standard equipment on the Sabre Lariat but you can turn it off in Forscan, which I think @Tracy Bowman did.
Who needs precision parking system? Certainly not me!:wink::LOL:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Tell ‘em Paul! :clap:
I would love the automatic parking function just:

For baffling my detractors, and

Dazzling my friends with the technical BS......

Just for laughs...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I would love the automatic parking function just:

For baffling my detractors, and

Dazzling my friends with the technical BS......

Just for laughs...

That is hilarious! We won’t even discuss my parallel parking.:rolleyes::turkey:

GTHAYS

First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX
Occupation
23 Years in Prison on the 8 hour installment plan. (Retired, intact)
Hello All,
First off I want to apologize for getting so emotional when I originally posted. I'm mostly new to forums and, usually, when I visit one, it is to get some information only. I rarely post. Since I posted (for the first time)I have learned a lot about forum etiquette from you folks. Most importantly, don't be too sensitive when the locals are vetting you. I apologize and I am also grateful that I wasn't jettisoned from the forum. I had promised a few people that I would start a new thread once things were resolved. Well...here it is.
My Ranger started to misfire, so I brought it into the service department of the dealership where I had purchased it. I was told that the spark plug well was corroded, so severely, that they damaged the cylinder head when they removed the plug. The bill was ~$5K, and I needed to purchase an engine cover? No one told me of an engine cover. Apparently, there was a technical service bulletin 21-2147 that, basically, voided my power train and extended warranties for any damage done due to the cover not being installed. Ford offered to cover 60% of the cost, but I declined. I was furious! I felt they should cover the entire cost because I was never informed of a TSB 21-2147. In fact, my service advisor was unaware of the TSB until I brought my Ranger in for the repair. I went back and forth with my dealership and Ford Motor for two and a half weeks, which was all I could take, and so I gave in.
I waited a month for parts, but they kept having problems with supply chain and technician availability. I called a lawyer to see if a buy back was an option. At the same time, that afternoon (last Wednesday), I made a raving mad, inappropriate, post to this forum. I didn't realize everyone thought I was a troll or "sock puppet" (learned that one here) trying to stir up fear. It was explained to me, in a very sincere way, and now I completely understand. Eventually, someone challenged me (lightly) to post the name of my service advisor and his extension. That was Thursday afternoon. Welp...what can I say but thank you all so very much! I get a call Friday morning from my service advisor telling me that my Ranger is ready to go and they are honoring the warranty 100% They even threw in the engine cover, oil change and deductible! $0.00 you'll see on the service receipt. How? My service advisor asked me about some phone calls, and then I realized, it had to be the folks from this forum.
In the past, I would come here to get ideas for my Ranger, like my center console vault and phone holder. I was also coming here to see what I wanted to do next to my ride, like wheels rims (which I did, already), storage, lights, racks and most importantly, dampers! (I didn't know I needed that) However, I never expected to come here and get actual back up! I promise to stay active on this forum and if anybody needs a phone call to their service advisor; I promise to be polite but firm with them.
My sincerest gratitude, Walt

spark_plug-well.JPG

service_contract.jpeg

service_contract-2.jpeg

engine_cover.jpeg

Ranger_n_me.jpeg
Glad for the people on this site and for a fair resolution. Th dealer needed to do the right thing, and they did.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Glad for the people on this site and for a fair resolution. Th dealer needed to do the right thing, and they did.
The original 'story' was torn apart - the original thread has since disappeared, apparently for self serving reasons. Who knows what about anything related to whatever??? A weird story that made no sense - similar to questionable 'stories' that bombarded the forum in recent days. :(

OP
OP
Walter Alvarez

Walter Alvarez

First Name
Walter Alvarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
In cases like this it’s always play the dummy. When they start up about having an engine cover voids warranty just shrug your shoulders and say it was always there as far as you know. I don’t open the hood so how would I know. Factory must have put it on there right!? Works like a charm.

Then get the service managers name and number and post it on here. Problem solved!!!
That’s right! I’ll be calling!

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Team no foam cover!

Motto "my shits dry.. maybe flex seal can help those that are not cheaper than foam covers?!?"

Seriously.. I'm gonna flex seal the weirdly two piece cowl plastic crap....

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Well that was awesome to hear but HORRIBLE Ford made you go through all of that. I ended up seeing the TSB here on this forum and decided to just buy it since I still had Ford points left over from the purchase of the Ranger. I did not really notice too much engine noise reduction (if any) but man I hope it spares me from this issue.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Seriously.. I'm gonna flex seal the weirdly two piece cowl plastic crap....
I'm not 100% sure that is the leak yet , I sealed mine under the two piece cowl plastic crap but was letting it dry a few days before I recheck it , I am a little concerned that others think the cover is a fix , the cover only moves the drip off the plugs, your still gona have water dripping on something, not as bad as seized plugs but still not good ... imo...

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
The original 'story' was torn apart - the original thread has since disappeared, apparently for self serving reasons. Who knows what about anything related to whatever??? A weird story that made no sense - similar to questionable 'stories' that bombarded the forum in recent days. :(
As long as they don't blame the damper, all's right with the world ...
Sponsored