Engine Cover TSB 21-2147 Warranty Voided

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
It doesn't look like Ford will install an engine cover for you until they see water and corrosion in the spark plug areas, and you have codes. That is messed up IMO to not resolve a potential problem until it occurs.
How do they even do that now that the cover is discontinued?
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
How I missed this thread while doing all of my pre-order research is beyond me. And now that I have read it, guys I only have one response. And it is from the heart...
WTF Ford?!?!?! :explode:

This whole situation reads like a bad sitcom. So, I have a 2023 coming at some point next year. (Yea me!) And I have to purchase an engine cover from Ford for my new f***ing truck?! (Boo Ford!) Is this a joke?!

I don't even know what to say.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
How I missed this thread while doing all of my pre-order research is beyond me. And now that I have read it, guys I only have one response. And it is from the heart...
WTF Ford?!?!?! :explode:

This whole situation reads like a bad sitcom. So, I have a 2023 coming at some point next year. (Yea me!) And I have to purchase an engine cover from Ford for my new f***ing truck?! (Boo Ford!) Is this a joke?!

I don't even know what to say.
I got bad news for you. The cover has been discontinued and is unavailable from any supplier, including Ford, so no cover for you (or me)!

Reactions: EJH

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
I got bad news for you. The cover has been discontinued and is unavailable from any supplier, including Ford, so no cover for you (or me)!
I thought one of the posts mentioned a redesigned cover?! This is just bizarro world.

I knew I should have bought the damn Ridgeline!!!!! Oh man, I gagged even typing that joke. ?

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I thought one of the posts mentioned a redesigned cover?! This is just bizarro world.

I knew I should have bought the damn Ridgeline!!!!! Oh man, I gagged even typing that joke. ?
The redesigned cover was aftermarket, had holes in it for moisture to drain on the engine. On the upside, the concensus was it could double as a mini Blackstone griddle.

• Haha
Reactions: EJH

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Oh, they still have them, but only for the spongeworthy.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
The redesigned cover was aftermarket, had holes in it for moisture to drain on the engine. On the upside, the concensus was it could double as a mini Blackstone griddle.
Right..... I did see that. Apologies. I think my "this can't be real" frustration and anger was negatively impacting my comprehension ability.

Still can't wrap my head around the fact that I am going to have to constantly watch for water and rusty plugs on my freaking new truck. Truck with an MSRP of over $46K and this what we get?!? This is just surreal.

I am a major major major FORD guy. My whole life. (Minus that frontier fiasco but the Ranger was not offered then.) But Ford guy or not, this is just BS.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Right..... I did see that. Apologies. I think my "this can't be real" frustration and anger was negatively impacting my comprehension ability.

Still can't wrap my head around the fact that I am going to have to constantly watch for water and rusty plugs on my freaking new truck. Truck with an MSRP of over $46K and this what we get?!? This is just surreal.

I am a major major major FORD guy. My whole life. (Minus that frontier fiasco but the Ranger was not offered then.) But Ford guy or not, this is just BS.
If it helps, I have had mine for a year and a half. No water issues.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation