First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
By the way, what part of AZ are you in? How do you like it?

I’m going over in a few weeks and it’s my first time. Want to see more of NM and AZ.

I might have to flock away from Texas eventually and escape all the city folk moving in and changing Tejas lol.

AZ has to have its fair share of Latinas for me to consider it. It already has the best gun laws in the nation.
I'm in the west valley in Goodyear. It's a great area very safe and taxes are still relatively low. Housing prices are skyrocketing right now mostly because half of CA is moving here driving up the prices. I work for several different realtors and they all say their CA customers are offering $25k-$30K over asking price and most are all cash offers.

While I do love it here and there is so much to see all throughout the state I fear were are going to be CA 2.0 very soon. I do plan on staying here but we're also looking for a backup plan just in case. What I like is during the summer you can escape the heat by going up north to Flagstaff which is only a 2 hr drive. It'll be 110+ down here and only mid 80's up there and there's so much to do and see there.

For now we are the most pro 2A state out there. Just about everyone I know and most of my customers carry and it's fun to get into conversations with a 70 year old woman who carries. lol There is no was she's giving up her guns!

As far as Latinas, there's no worries there! ? ?

If you need any more info let me know before you head out here.
Sponsored

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm in the west valley in Goodyear. It's a great area very safe and taxes are still relatively low. Housing prices are skyrocketing right now mostly because half of CA is moving here driving up the prices. I work for several different realtors and they all say their CA customers are offering $25k-$30K over asking price and most are all cash offers.

While I do love it here and there is so much to see all throughout the state I fear were are going to be CA 2.0 very soon. I do plan on staying here but we're also looking for a backup plan just in case. What I like is during the summer you can escape the heat by going up north to Flagstaff which is only a 2 hr drive. It'll be 110+ down here and only mid 80's up there and there's so much to do and see there.

For now we are the most pro 2A state out there. Just about everyone I know and most of my customers carry and it's fun to get into conversations with a 70 year old woman who carries. lol There is no was she's giving up her guns!

That’s awesome and thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated. Arizona seems beautiful. What a damn shame some “people” like to move in and change areas. I will never understand it. I feel like sort of a hypocrite considering because I’m an upstate NY’er - but the whole appeal to moving to Texas WAS because of the Texan culture - live and let live, strong second amendment etc. I would never want to see the culture changed. And boy is it changing.

I’m thinking a lot of people move here with my way of thinking, assimilating and keeping Texas Texas. But then there’s this parasitic part of society that are like fuckin’ vampires. And I have a feeling a lot of ORIGINALLY awesome places are under attack by these “well meaning people.”

It makes sense that a lot of Californians would make the move considering Arizona’s location.

same thing is happening in and around Austin, San Antonio and DFW - housing market is absolutely crazy right now to begin with, but then you have a lot of Californians swooping up everything.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I’m thinking a lot of people move here with my way of thinking, assimilating and keeping Texas Texas. But then there’s this parasitic part of society that are like fuckin’ vampires. And I have a feeling a lot of ORIGINALLY awesome places are under attack by these “well meaning people.”
Happened to Colorado.

And is happening to Wyoming, Montana, and Utah as well.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That’s awesome and thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated. Arizona seems beautiful. What a damn shame some “people” like to move in and change areas. I will never understand it. I feel like sort of a hypocrite considering because I’m an upstate NY’er - but the whole appeal to moving to Texas WAS because of the Texan culture - live and let live, strong second amendment etc. I would never want to see the culture changed. And boy is it changing.

It makes sense that a lot of Californians would make the move considering Arizona’s location.

same thing is happening in and around Austin, San Antonio and DFW - housing market is absolutely crazy right now to begin with, but then you have a lot of Californians swooping up everything.
I lived in MA for 51 years and moved here for the freedom and to get away from the cold and dreary weather. I didn't want to change AZ I wanted AZ to change me so to speak. I will never understand why people leave an area where they created a mess only to move to a new one and try and change it to where they just left! :headbang: I will say a lot of my CA customers are here for the "right" reasons and they make it noted because they hate the stereo type that they've been labeled.

With many being able to work remotely now it's happening all over the country. People leaving their high COL areas for lower ones out in suburbia. It's been great for me since I bought my house during the downturn (short sale) and it's appreciated 340% now.

The valley is very speed out so one thing you'll need to do is if you plan on moving here is figure out where you will be working. You do not want to live in the west valley and work in the east and vise versa. The traffic is terrible and makes your day miserable sitting in traffic especially in the summer heat. The west valley is still more affordable than the east as it has more open areas to build on but they're building up quickly now.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Hey, Dave, I'm from California but moved to Delaware in 1992 (for work). But I have a history with Arizona because as a kid my family used to vacation every summer on the Colorado River, where some family friends had a trailer and boat. Really loved going up there for the skiing, fishing (bass, crappies, catfish), hiking, and so on. Beautiful country, and coming from southern California, I did not mind the heat one bit! One of my fondest childhood memories is from those Arizona vacations: when a rattlesnake crawled into our backyard (or maybe we had moved into its backyard, depending on point of view), my dad killed it with a shovel, and my mom fried it up for our dinner!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey, Dave, I'm from California but moved to Delaware in 1992 (for work). But I have a history with Arizona because as a kid my family used to vacation every summer on the Colorado River, where some family friends had a trailer and boat. Really loved going up there for the skiing, fishing (bass, crappies, catfish), hiking, and so on. Beautiful country, and coming from southern California, I did not mind the heat one bit! One of my fondest childhood memories is from those Arizona vacations: when a rattlesnake crawled into our backyard (or maybe we had moved into its backyard, depending on point of view), my dad killed it with a shovel, and my mom fried it up for our dinner!
Hi Marc, yes it's really nice out here and while the heat can be trying at times I do enjoy it. I love the different topography here where you can be here in the valley where it's hot, dry and desert like and just 2 1/2 hours away you're in cool, crisp mountains surrounded by lakes and Ponderosa Pines. I''ve been fortunate so far to have not encountered any snakes but I have to ask....Did it taste like chicken? ?

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Marc, yes it's really nice out here and while the heat can be trying at times I do enjoy it. I love the different topography here where you can be here in the valley where it's hot, dry and desert like and just 2 1/2 hours away you're in cool, crisp mountains surrounded by lakes and Ponderosa Pines. I''ve been fortunate so far to have not encountered any snakes but I have to ask....Did it taste like chicken? ?
Hi Dave,

Margie have enountered dozens of Rattle Snakes. They are so cute...lying there frozen which is their defense.... We give them room to retreat...no issues...corner them...Watch out! They are lightening quick with a strike. We find that most times folks bitten, it is a dry bite...no venom because the snake does not want to waste venom on something not in their food group. Amazing creatures but you have to be respectful...I had one on the sidewalk last evening on the way to the mail box on the street. I stepped back and it slithered away...good snake...get a pac rat...less pack rats the better...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is actually in a pretty damn good position, especially since they’ve partnered with Volkswagen globally. I think the partnership will benefit them greatly.

General Motors is also in a good seat. They have a big partnership with LG. They might even introduce the next E-Silverado with a range that surpasses Ford. Judging from their electric Hummer.

Tesla for all its shortcomings is still the front runner for me when it comes to purchasing an electric vehicle, because of their charging network and lead in battery design.

Ford’s dealer support network is way superior though. It’s going to be interesting.

I’m curious what Toyota and Honda are going to do.
Ford really does seem to be all in on EV going forward, and with the dealer support nationwide, you have to give them the edge. They also seem to understand that customers will only buy these things if they are more powerful, faster, more connected, in a word, more fun than the ICE equivalents. So starting with Mustang and F-150 is very smart (even though it pisses off some purists, which I totally get). By the way, I have not noticed anything about the music systems in the Lightning--are those going to be a step up also?
A lot of people say snake tastes like chicken, but I think that it tastes like ... snake!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
for the XLT/Lariat/Platinum...the PRO work truck was not included.
1622544301489.png
Hey, Tom, thanks for this information. So, the Lariat will have the "standard" B&0, which sounds great in our Ranger Lariats, and the Platinum will get B&O Unleashed, which I have not listened to, but guys who have say it is really a step up!

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I'm becoming concerned how much interest there seems to be in a Ranger PHEV. I wanted one first and the rest of you all are just going to have to get in line behind me.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
I liken this to the first flat screen TV’s. The panels suffered from burn in and they cost $10k and weighed 80-120 lbs and had a usable life of 2-3 years . Now you can get a similarly sized TV for $500-$1000 and it weighs 30 lbs with a usable life of considerably longer than the early panels. The newest technology always has shortcomings but will eventually evolve to be a mainstay.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I liken this to the first flat screen TV’s. The panels suffered from burn in and they cost $10k and weighed 80-120 lbs and had a usable life of 2-3 years . Now you can get a similarly sized TV for $500-$1000 and it weighs 30 lbs with a usable life of considerably longer than the early panels. The newest technology always has shortcomings but will eventually evolve to be a mainstay.
Your analogy falls apart when the government forces the change regardless of the state of the technology and infrastructure. They didn't do that with electronics.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Your analogy falls apart when the government forces the change regardless of the state of the technology and infrastructure. They didn't do that with electronics.
Its actually the other way around. The auto manufacturers no longer want to produce engines and transmissions and their related systems due to the lack of profit in those platforms. Notice how engines are getting smaller, less cylinders = less components = less manufacturing cost. So it is they who are pushing governments to transition towards e-mobility. The technology is now viable and has been planned for many years to obsolete ICE technology.
Sponsored