First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We could see a full EV Ranger soon enough. I'm really looking forward to a PHEV first to get my feet wet into this whole EV market. Either way it looks like the next Gen will tell us a lot on which way the ICE vehicles will be going.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-files-maverick-lightning-ranger-220300536.html

Ford is riding high on the immediate success of its recent vehicle releases. The Maverick and F-150 Lightning trucksare both sold out and in high demand, but there’s more in store for the next few years. A recent trademark filing demonstrates the automaker’s electric intentions for two pickup trucks, the Maverick and Ranger. Ford applied to trademark “Maverick Lightning” and “Ranger Lightning,” meaning we’re more than a little likely to see electric versions of both trucks shortly.

The Maverick is just a year old, and the Ranger is due for a full update in the coming months, but Ford is looking ahead. CarBuzz recently uncovered the trademark applications, filed by The Blue Oval, that confirm what we already (mostly) knew: The Ford Maverick and Ranger are going electric, and they’ll wear the Lightning badge, just like the big-brother F-150.

Specifics on either electric truck are nonexistent at this point, but the Ranger could pick up select components from the F-150 Lightning. While the Maverick already comes standard as a hybrid, the Ranger has no available electrification, so we may see an electric Maverick and a hybrid Ranger wearing the Lightning name.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A PHEV Ranger would be awesome.
Agreed! Most of my daily driving is short (around 8-10 miles) and a PHEV would be perfect. Plus when we go on longer trips the ICE will kick in so no need to be looking and stopping to charge. I love my Ranger but I usually trade my trucks in every 3 years so by the time the next Gen is out I'll be more than ready to jump into one, especially a PHEV. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Tell me you're a fake automotive journalist without telling me you're a fake automotive journalist.

"Ford is riding high on the immediate success of its recent vehicle releases."

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Tell me you're a fake automotive journalist without telling me you're a fake automotive journalist.

"Ford is riding high on the immediate success of its recent vehicle releases."
Me thinks he was dipping into a large pile of CBD Gummies when writing this. :crazy:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Based on how much rake the Ranger runs stock - think of all the batteries they could dump in the bed before it levels out - no need to change anything. Go forever.... (relative)
Let's just hope this isn't the look they're going for. :shock:

Squat .jpg

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
A PHEV Ranger would be awesome.
Agreed. I have a PHEV Wrangler and love the hybrid. I get about a 27 mile range, and about 10 more miles would be great (so about 25kW battery).

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase