Eibach shocks

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
looks great...looks like you reused the OEM springs? where did you get the kit from?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
thanks for the report. I was hoping there were some shocks out to tame the rear bounce when it's unloaded. did you use the eibach springs up front or just the struts with factory springs an a level kit?

OP
OP
xracer128

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
looks great...looks like you reused the OEM springs? where did you get the kit from?
Stage 3 Motorsports, but I would highly suggest another source. Their customer service is terrible and I will never buy from them again! Tire Rack is a little more and their service is top notch!

OP
OP
xracer128

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
thanks for the report. I was hoping there were some shocks out to tame the rear bounce when it's unloaded. did you use the eibach springs up front or just the struts with factory springs an a level kit?
Factory springs...

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm not a frequent hauler of stuff an my off roading is limited to back roads an fields where my grand kids ride an race quads so that's probably a good package for me.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
well I ordered the rear shocks today. Gonna slap em on an see how much of an improvement I notice before addressing the front. For the front I have to decide if I want
-just an add on level kit
-eibach struts with stock springs an a level kit
-eibach struts and springs.
the fox adjustable kit looks nice. being able to adjust the front height would be nice but I don't think it's worth the BIG increase in cost

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
well I ordered the rear shocks today. Gonna slap em on an see how much of an improvement I notice before addressing the front. For the front I have to decide if I want
-just an add on level kit
-eibach struts with stock springs an a level kit
-eibach struts and springs.
the fox adjustable kit looks nice. being able to adjust the front height would be nice but I don't think it's worth the BIG increase in cost
So many options so many decisions. It's tough.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I did the same eibachs but only raised the front .75” because I like rake and I tow so I don’t want my headlights pointed at the stars when towing at night.

Installed the rears tonight as I had to wait for the 2nd due to an error in shipping by Eibach. I also mounted the rears with the body down/shaft up in the same manner the oem socks were. Not sure if it matters.

What’s important is that ride improvement for the money spent is great! Hit a bump or undulation and the suspension flattens after the one bounce exactly how suspension should. I should be towing at (maybe above) the max towing limit in a couple weeks and I’m looking forward to the new feel.

P.S. Stage3 customer service has been rock solid for me both here on the forum and via email.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
that's exactly what i'm planning. eibachs at 1.5". it's enough to level out when empty but not dragging rear end while towing. did you need to adjust the caster or camber?

OP
OP
xracer128

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
that's exactly what i'm planning. eibachs at 1.5". it's enough to level out when empty but not dragging rear end while towing. did you need to adjust the caster or camber?
Caster & Camber were within spec's...toe was off and corrected!
Sponsored