Dynographs for the 2.3L EcoBoost Ranger - Dyno Compilation

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up, I’ll be getting a dyno for my truck next week. 91 octane with stock filter stock exhaust then with K&N filter and aftermarket exhaust. I’ll post again once I get the results.
@LightningBlue, this post was from back in March. Just curious, did you get the dyno done on your truck with 91 octane with stock equipment? I really want to know if the higher octane provides any significant gains without a tune.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
@LightningBlue, this post was from back in March. Just curious, did you get the dyno done on your truck with 91 octane with stock equipment? I really want to know if the higher octane provides any significant gains without a tune.
Yes I did. Give me one sec and I’ll pull the numbers

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
The EcoBoost vehicles advertised horsepower and torque from the factory are typically achieved using 91+ octane premium fuel. So the factory calibration is set up to take full advantage of running premium fuels even without a custom tune for premium. Then when you run these engines on low octane fuels such as 87 it's been dyno proven on the 2.3L Mustang that they can lose roughly 15-20% of Ford's stock HP ratings from lack of octane.

They start out commanding timing for premium and then if it's showing signs of low octane such as elevated knock it has to basically de-tune it self pulling out power and efficiency to prevent catastrophic failure from lack of octane. They also usually include right in the owners manuals that 87 is the lowest octane that can be used safely and that 91 plus octane premium fuels are suggested to get the best performance and efficiency possible, especially when in more sever situations such as towing for example. So it's definitely going to always perform to the best of it's abilities on premium fuel even on a factory calibration for both performance and fuel efficiency as well.

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Attached is my Ranger on 93 octane stock, tune, and tune with off the shelf octane booster (with AFE charge pipes and 3" cat back exhaust). These are all on a set of heavy Fuel wheels and tires. 0-60 is 5.7 seconds with traction issues. Stay tuned as big things are coming for this truck in the next couple of weeks that will require sticky tires and track time....and a good amount more power.

RANGER DYNO2.JPG

RANGER DYNO3.jpg
Sponsored