First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Will this work with the factory fog lights? I want to add something to light up the ditch, but want to keep my cost down.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Will this work with the factory fog lights? I want to add something to light up the ditch, but want to keep my cost down.
You'd have to fabricate a mount to bridge the gap between the factory light and this mount I believe.

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 STX Ranger, '07 XL Regular Cab 5spd Ranger,
Occupation
Graphic Designer
These will not work with the factory fog lights, these are designed for aftermarket pod style lights. You can fab up a bracket to attach the OEM light itself, but it might look a little funky.

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Alright everyone, here's an update - I had to get these made from a different shop to keep the cost down and have everything done at one place rather than having them cut, bent, and coated at 3 different places. So I'm hoping to have a sample done in the next couple days and then see how they come out.

As far as pricing, these are going to be $100 shipped to the US 50. Shipping to Canada or anywhere else will have to be determined if anyone is interested. I'll have more information on how to buy and when they'll be available middle of this week.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Alright everyone, here's an update - I had to get these made from a different shop to keep the cost down and have everything done at one place rather than having them cut, bent, and coated at 3 different places. So I'm hoping to have a sample done in the next couple days and then see how they come out.

As far as pricing, these are going to be $100 shipped to the US 50. Shipping to Canada or anywhere else will have to be determined if anyone is interested. I'll have more information on how to buy and when they'll be available middle of this week.
Sold.

Put me down for a set please.

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
What's the status of this bracket?

Whats up everyone?! Just a little update... I should have a sample from the new shop in a couple days. Sorry for the delay to everyone who is interested, if I had it my way, these would be out in the wild mounted up on your rigs already. But unfortunately I don't have the correct tools to make these right and with consistent quality at home, so I have to outsource them. I hate when people post things like this and never follow through, so I'm trying to keep this post updated with what's going on. Once I get the sample and its good to go, the finals should be in my hands within a few days (hopefully) and ready to ship. Thanks for everyones patience.

Just out of curiosity, would you guys want installation directions shipped out with these? These are fairly straight forward but I know some are not as mechanically inclined as others, so I'm thinking of making some instructions on how to install these, either PDF download or paper instructions. Let me know what y'all think.

In the meantime, here's an obligatory gas station pic!

IMG_1234.JPG

A_Jake_Life

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 in hot pepper red.
Vehicle Showcase
PDF instructions are nice. Even if the install is super basic, sometime it's nice to follow along with directions.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
PDF instructions are nice. Even if the install is super basic, sometime it's nice to follow along with directions.
Agreed.

I'm sure I'd manage without them, but a little help never hurt.

ThtDrnGuy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Real Estate Photographer
I would prefer PDF download, this would also save you some cash and not have to print.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Those are awesome! Nice work

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
@Thesspirate Just discovered this thread and has changed my lighting plans yet again! Really leaning towards purchasing a set. Updates on availability/purchase timeframe?

Have you installed the plastic coverings in the wheel well and driven with it yet? I know you mentioned it'll fit in thread, but curious how it impacts air flow. The factory fog housing has some air ducting built in. I know that main light housing will be scrapped, but would like to keep the back housing so the fog pocket is not completely see-through.

cjmdwyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor lariat
Occupation
Auto damage estimator
I would want a set, just not coated. I would do that part myself so I can choose color.
I had a raptor a few years a go and that is just how I had my Rigid pods mounted. Holes in bumper with nothing when you buy a Raptor!
Sponsored