Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 STX Ranger, '07 XL Regular Cab 5spd Ranger,
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Did someone say LIGHTS?! :p

Price for kit?
I’ll put prices up for these once I make sure the second revision I have is good to go. These will just be sold as a set with no lights included. Stay tuned, I’ll have more info this coming week.
Sponsored

A_Jake_Life

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 in hot pepper red.
Vehicle Showcase
D fresh is correct. The stock fog pocket is held in by 3 screws. You remove the fog pocket and these mount in the stock location and you use all the stock hardware. I’m going to get some pictures posted up when I have some time tomorrow.
That's awesome, I've been waiting for something like this. If you update this thread with an update on ordering and cost I'll be looking. Thanks!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll put prices up for these once I make sure the second revision I have is good to go. These will just be sold as a set with no lights included. Stay tuned, I’ll have more info this coming week.
Great news...I've been waiting for someone to create such a mount like this...similar to F150 Raptor triple fog set up...

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
That's awesome, I've been waiting for something like this. If you update this thread with an update on ordering and cost I'll be looking. Thanks!
Right on, I’ll be keeping this updated for sure! Hopefully pricing and ordering will be posted on here within the next couple weeks.

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Alright everyone, here are a few more pictures of the revised bracket. Unfortunately the powder coating place couldn't knock this set out for a good price, so I used Steel-it Black to coat these ones but the "production" brackets will have a powder coated finish. All mounted with stock hardware are they are solid.

I'll put some mounting pictures here and the next post below will have a little more info as well.

The brackets shown below are for the passenger side. The driver side is the same, just mirrored.
The wide light channel is .375 for 3/8" bolts.

Again, the material is 1/8" steel plate which is then water jet cut and bent to 90 degrees.

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

Here are some pictures of it mounted onto the bumper. This is the PASSENGER side, so the left side of the image closest to the center of the truck.

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

And here is some detail on how/where they mount. These brackets replace the entire OEM fog light pocket. They mount to the top two purple bolts pictured in the image below. The OEM hardware is used to mount the bracket.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.11.57 AM.png

The bracket and cover below can be reinstalled, but there is no need for them in order for these brackets to mount or function. They have no structural purpose. I have mine left off for the time being since I've been taking these on and off.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.13.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.12.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.11.57 AM.png

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
Subscribed, 100% will purchase once for sale. Been looking for something like this!

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
A few pictures mounted on the truck with the revised bracket. Then below that are some pictures of the light output. A few of you were asking about the light being cutoff because of the bumper being in the way of the inside light. Check out the pics below...

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0874.jpg

For these pics below, I'm standing directly in the center of the truck, in front of the Ford emblem. I'm trying to show that there is no light cut off by the lights being set back slightly behind the bumper or any distortion from the middle clear light being cutoff by the inside yellow light. I will try and get some night pictures, but night time pictures never get the full effect of the light output.

Yellow SAE output below...

IMG_0878.JPG

White Spot/Wide Cornering with headlights (top) output below...

IMG_0879.JPG

A_Jake_Life

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 in hot pepper red.
Vehicle Showcase
This is such a well executed idea and post! Will there be options to get the brackets without powder coat? I can powder coat them a custom color to match my wheels and hooks if offered bare.

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
This is such a well executed idea and post! Will there be options to get the brackets without powder coat? I can powder coat them a custom color to match my wheels and hooks if offered bare.
Thank you, I really appreciate that! I actually thought about doing half of the first run without powder coat to A- keep the price down and B- give people the option to do a custom color or whatever they want with them. So yes, I'll most likely have an option with no coating. It kind of depends on how much powder coating will cost for the amount of brackets I do. I'll hear back this week on my cost, then I'll determine price+shipping and what not. Stay tuned!

OP
OP
Thesspirate

Thesspirate

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Alright everyone, I'm waiting on the shop to let me know when these will be done. I'm hoping they'll be ready to sell in the next couple weeks.

I'm going to run 10 sets to begin with and I'm going to do flat rate shipping and local pickup, if anyone in the Riverside County area wants these.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Alright everyone, I'm waiting on the shop to let me know when these will be done. I'm hoping they'll be ready to sell in the next couple weeks.

I'm going to run 10 sets to begin with and I'm going to do flat rate shipping and local pickup, if anyone in the Riverside County area wants these.
Do you have a thought on a price yet? With the flat rate shipping?
Sponsored