$20 ditch light mounts

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
EDIT: this is a work in progress. Not as easy fit as I thought. Will update in the morning! There is an issue with driver side wiper hitting. One member did a cut and weld fix. I’m trying a little different route. Apologies for any false hope!

I was Looking for an affordable ditch light mount since I couldnt see paying upwards of $100 for a couple pieces of bent metal. I may be cheap, but Get real on those prices. So I took a chance on Amazon and ordered the following mounts for a Toyota:

https://www.amazon.com/GS-Power-Auxiliary-windshield-Compatible/dp/B07NTYXB4V

They fit almost perfectly And they look great. So save yourself at least $80 and buy a couple of lights for your new brackets instead of just the brackets.

EDIT: a fellow member pointed out an issue with wiper clearance. Going to update tomorrow with more info.

@ofcranger - Thanks!

EAC9D9A1-448D-406D-BE3F-4D6A051ED9FB.png

4249970D-755B-46BB-843F-1E9942C6BEC3.jpeg

8E687216-8EC8-4D5C-A2B4-2AD011FB50A5.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Almost perfect? What mods did you have to do to them? I've been looking to add some to my truck

OP
OP
RangerAJS

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Problem Solver
Almost perfect? What mods did you have to do to them? I've been looking to add some to my truck
I should edit that post…..I didn’t do anything to modify them or the truck. I guess perfect is a relative term. They fit GReAt! Just barely enough clearance where the back of the bracket comes out and meet the windscreen area. I have no idea what the $100 mounts look like, but these are a winner in my book. Literally took me 20 minutes to get them in. I’ll check back in this weekend when I get them wired up. Hope that helped!

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I should edit that post…..I didn’t do anything to modify them or the truck. I guess perfect is a relative term. They fit GReAt! Just barely enough clearance where the back of the bracket comes out and meet the windscreen area. I have no idea what the $100 mounts look like, but these are a winner in my book. Literally took me 20 minutes to get them in. I’ll check back in this weekend when I get them wired up. Hope that helped!
Thanks. I'm gonna order some right now. Looks great.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Got them ordered and added this kit for them and front bumper.
Screenshot_20210408-203134_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
RangerAJS

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Problem Solver
Got them ordered and added this kit for them and front bumper.
Screenshot_20210408-203134_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I did a very similar set up. Looking forward to using the wiring harness kit. I also ordered the lightforce switch plate fascia to make it look factory.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
RangerAJS

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Problem Solver
Have you confirms everything from hood opening at all ranges to using your wipers? I am going to order a pair, but just want to make sure. As you indicated the other guy cut his because it was causing interference.
You are correct sir! Crap! Back to the drawing board. Will update tomorrow. But I’ll get it figured. I recall one user saying they adjusted the holes so it can move forward a bit and clear the wiper. Thanks OFC Ranger for your observation!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct sir! Crap! Back to the drawing board. Will update tomorrow. But I’ll get it figured. I recall one user saying they adjusted the holes so it can move forward a bit and clear the wiper. Thanks OFC Ranger for your observation!
Glad I asked. I thought it would be odd for it to work for one person, but not the other. Same product, same truck. Let me know what you come up with. Out of everything I do project wise I do not have welding equipment or knowledge so generally speaking my projects opt for heavy duty nuts and bolts. Sometimes a little splash of JBWeld Steel Stick is involved.

medrhunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT Project Manager / Retired Medic
Hi Guys. I see this old thread. Are these brackets a thumbs up or down? I'm really not inclined to do too much on the mod side. I'm a plug & play kind of guy.

Shiboshi

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger 4x4 Shadow Black&black appearance
Occupation
Firefighter
Update????
Sponsored