Hood Ditch Light Mounts (Tacoma)

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I just want to point out that from another thread which was questioning if the hood mounting brackets from a 2013 Tacoma would fit our Rangers. I ordered the brackets from Amazon and they arrived today. I can confirm that they will fit the spacing holes for our hood. You will have to thread it under the window fluid line on the passenger side bracket like the current setup. The Tacoma brackets are $20 compared to the $100+ Ranger brackets. I am just waiting on a few more items before I can install everything (waiting for grill lights and wireless control module). Will post pictures later.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NTYXB4V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That was me and those were the brackets I was considering! Cool man!

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to point out that from another thread which was questioning if the hood mounting brackets from a 2013 Tacoma would fit our Rangers. I ordered the brackets from Amazon and they arrived today. I can confirm that they will fit the spacing holes for our hood. You will have to thread it under the window fluid line on the passenger side bracket like the current setup. The Tacoma brackets are $20 compared to the $100+ Ranger brackets. I am just waiting on a few more items before I can install everything (waiting for grill lights and wireless control module). Will post pictures later.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NTYXB4V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Excited to see pics!

OP
OP
scubalizard

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Ok so changing the wiper range would reduce wiping 2 in her on the bottom and 4 inches on the top. Not good. So I cut and 2 inches reweld it. Fits like a glove.

89EFB51D-AFC4-4A7E-9EE3-78E4BA2855A3.jpeg

AA55F8C2-8764-4433-922A-5A653232AD5F.jpeg

OP
OP
scubalizard

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you did. Did you have to modify the brackets to get them to fit on your Ranger? If so, how and what did you do, and do you have any pictures of the modifications? I'd be interested in seeing the whole bracket if possible. Do the wipers interfere with the brackets at all? Thanks for any help that you can share.
I removed about 2 inches
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you did. Did you have to modify the brackets to get them to fit on your Ranger? If so, how and what did you do, and do you have any pictures of the modifications? I'd be interested in seeing the whole bracket if possible. Do the wipers interfere with the brackets at all? Thanks for any help that you can share.
yes I cut out inches from the bracket to bring it closer to the hood. I do not have before/after photos of what the bracket looks like. If you look at the photos in the thread the modified bracket sits about 1/4 in from the hood lip. They will not interfere with the wiper any longer. I took a photo from Amazon to help. I cut the bracket at the red lines and re-welded to shorten it.

F59E15DE-4245-482E-81D6-6364B6DE2AD7.jpeg

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
I bought the same ones. I used a dremel to clearance the mount on the driver side. Still quite rigid. I may buy a second and redo it.
Sponsored