Does your SYNC system automatically start playing iHeart Radio from your phone?

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I have noticed lately (maybe after the latest iOS update but I don't know) that sometimes when I get in my Ranger to go somewhere, my phone will be streaming the iHeart Radio app, even if I don't have the iPhone selected as the audio source. So let's say I get in and FM radio is on in the Ranger, it. will somehow start making my iPhone stream iHeart Radio, but its not playing in the Ranger.

I use iHeart Radio desktop version on my work computer, and sometimes use the app on my iPhone, but never used the app in the SYNC system. Also, I can't delete that app from the SYNC system. I don't know how or why this is happening, but it is very odd.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
mine sync system used to auto play spotify or i heart cant remember which. i tried everything in the settings etc. to stop it and could not so i deleted the app. when i connected with blue tooth it was instant, but if i connected to a cable it would take a few mins.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Mine does that sometimes too. Android auto. Then it doesnt always find all my apps. Very inconsistent. But if i use android car play. Carplay works every time. To be fair though. The wireless android auto works like a charm 75 percent of the time.
I use android car play for long trips.
Not to sure how to delete it.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
There is a setting somewhere to automatically resume media after phone connects to SYNC via Bluetooth or USB. Pandora has that setting on the phone app. SYNC will auto start Pandora if it was the last audio source used when the truck was switched off. I'm would think the other audio apps have the same options.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Same problem, I deleted all the apps I didn’t want jacking my sync. Been bliss ever since ?

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Not sure this will work, but you may want to check the iHeart app on your phone. Look under Settings - Features - Playback Effects. Make sure AutoPlay (Play Last Station on Startup) is not selected.

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Ok, just went out to my Ranger to take a look. I am by no means an Android Auto guru or anything so someone may know an easier way to do this.

I connected my Android phone by usb cable. Select the Android Auto icon on your Ranger's screen and go to Settings

Under General one can select Automatically resume media
There is also a setting to Start Android Auto Automatically

To add/remove which apps show on your Ranger Screen under Android Auto:
Under More Settings select Access on Phone Screen
On your phone's screen - select Customize Launcher
Select which apps you'd like displayed (I saw the changes next time I started my Truck and connected my phone).

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I don't use iHeart, Too many commercials and other issues with it. I use Youtube Music instead and it will auto resume through Carplay about 95% of the time. I am fine with that. Where it bugs me is when Carplay decides to randomly start playing Apple Music instead at startup. I don't have anything in it synced to my phone and have it set to not play over cellular, yet it will still start playing when ever it feels like.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I don't use iHeart, Too many commercials and other issues with it. I use Youtube Music instead and it will auto resume through Carplay about 95% of the time. I am fine with that. Where it bugs me is when Carplay decides to randomly start playing Apple Music instead at startup. I don't have anything in it synced to my phone and have it set to not play over cellular, yet it will still start playing when ever it feels like.
Mine does the same - but thru Sync, not CarPlay. I typically listen to something on Pandora, and Sync will resume that. But will occasionally just start with Apple Music without me making any changes. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! ?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Mine does the same - but thru Sync, not CarPlay. I typically listen to something on Pandora, and Sync will resume that. But will occasionally just start with Apple Music without me making any changes. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! ?
Probably Apple Music just being desperate for attention... :crazy:

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Not sure this will work, but you may want to check the iHeart app on your phone. Look under Settings - Features - Playback Effects. Make sure AutoPlay (Play Last Station on Startup) is not selected.
I found that setting and toggled it off. Will report back if that fixes the problem, thank you.

The annoying thing in this situation is how the app on my phone will start streaming iHeart Radio even if I'm not trying to listen to the phone/bluetooth as my audio source in the SYNC system.

Also, I think this SYNC system kinda sucks. It is updated to the newest version but its still very slow to react to an input on the screen. I'm really not impressed with it at all.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Glad you posted this. Mine does it sometimes and it takes a little bit for it to pair to my phone. Going to try this fix. :)
Sponsored