"SYNC has no access to your contacts"

PoorSpecRanger

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL Supercab FX4 ,1999 Mazda Miata 10ae
This is my first post regarding my 2022 Ranger XL with basic sync. I am having some issues with Android auto when I connect the phone by USB cable. The system indicates it has no access to contacts and asks to retry download. When I select retry download my phone prompts me to allow access to contacts and I hit allow but the download still fails. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20FE running android 12. I have checked the android auto permissions to make sure that it has permission to contacts. I have also tried clearing the cache and data from Android auto.

In a slightly separate issue Pandora refuses to launch from the Sync menu despite having toggled the "Launch from car" setting in Pandora. Launching from the phone does work and play from sync with out issue.

Any one else having either of these issues?

Screenshot_20220926-163159_Permission controller.jpg

20220926_163027.jpg
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Does your Bluetooth connection have access to your contacts?
The screen shot you are showing is Sync, not Android Auto. Go into settings and select the settings gear for the Ranger Bluetooth connection and make sure all of the access is turned on.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Agree with Dgc333. I do not believe the head unit in the picture supports Android Auto. It has access via bluetooth. You need to go into the bluetooth settings for your truck (on the phone) and enable contact access. See my settings below for an example:

Screenshot_20220927-125851.png

OP
OP
PoorSpecRanger

PoorSpecRanger

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL Supercab FX4 ,1999 Mazda Miata 10ae
Thank you. One step closer but now perpetually stuck at "Downloading Contacts"