Waze without plugging in your phone

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Forgive if this question has already been asked but is there a way to run waze without plugging your phone in.
I'm ordering a Lariat with navigation but would like the option of waze.
I know you can plug your phone in to get it but I don't want to mess with that everytime I get in the truck.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Forgive if this question has already been asked but is there a way to run waze without plugging your phone in.
I know you can plug your phone in to get it but I don't want to mess with that everytime I get in the truck.
Thanks in advance
I haven't found a way to use Waze without plugging it in...but I don't mind because I use drive time as charging time...

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Thanks in advance
iPhone no, Android yes. If Android, use the Apps section on the Stereo, not Android Auto.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
iPhone no, Android yes. If Android, use the Apps section on the Stereo, not Android Auto.
How do you do that? I have Waze on my phone and it does not show up in apps in Sync3

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
How do you do that? I have Waze on my phone and it does not show up in apps in Sync3
Its been a while since I used Android but if I remember correctly...

Connect the phone via bluetooth, turn on “mobile apps” in the sync settings, open the “Apps” tab and click “find new apps”. Waze will show up as an icon.

Waze must be running on the phone to show up.

Edit: just read that in October Waze stated they were ending “Applink” support soon. This may not be available anymore without Android Auto or Carplay. I find that really odd since Ford promotes Waze on their Sync system via Applink.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DannyL

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Its been a while since I used Android but if I remember correctly...

Connect the phone via bluetooth, turn on “mobile apps” in the sync settings, open the “Apps” tab and click “find new apps”. Waze will show up as an icon.

Waze must be running on the phone to show up.

Edit: just read that in October Waze stated they were ending “Applink” support soon. This may not be available anymore without Android Auto or Carplay. I find that really odd since Ford promotes Waze on their Sync system via Applink.
This is what I heard. What generated my question. Thank you.
That said I have an IPhone. Guess I'm out of luck.
Guess I'll be using my ford nav. I'll use Forscan to make it usable in motion.
Sponsored