Does the XLT 302A Package come with heated mirrors?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed no mention of heated mirrors in spec sheet and no icon on the mirror itself. When I asked, salesman says “Yup, mirrors are heated.”
NOT.
Better training / education required.

Togve

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
So I live in Canada and heated mirrors are considered a safety Item.
Calling Ford was a big runaround. Finally getting hold of the Canadian executive office.
Their response acknowledged that their video did say "if you have power mirrors with BLIS then you have Heated mirrors". Quite misleading as obliviously I don't have them with the 301A package at the XLT trim. Needless to say they agreed to what they said it but denied any responsibility for misleading people.
I filed a complaint with CASA and they sided with Ford sighting that it was an instructional video and not an advertisement. A loop hole.
So I'm vary interested in seeing if I can order the mirror glass from a Lariat build, and figure out how to connect them up. Will need the electrical harness drawings if any one has them.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
So I live in Canada and heated mirrors are considered a safety Item.
Calling Ford was a big runaround. Finally getting hold of the Canadian executive office.
Their response acknowledged that their video did say "if you have power mirrors with BLIS then you have Heated mirrors". Quite misleading as obliviously I don't have them with the 301A package at the XLT trim. Needless to say they agreed to what they said it but denied any responsibility for misleading people.
I filed a complaint with CASA and they sided with Ford sighting that it was an instructional video and not an advertisement. A loop hole.
So I'm vary interested in seeing if I can order the mirror glass from a Lariat build, and figure out how to connect them up. Will need the electrical harness drawings if any one has them.
If I was reading the parts site breakdown the glass is almost as expensive as the whole mirror! Maybe Benny on the parts guys thread could help.
BTW thats how I added heated mirrors to my Frontier, just replaced the glass and ran switched (with rear defrost) power the mirrors - Very easy.

20scabstx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger
Occupation
Steel worker
Apparently I posted this in the wrong thread so I'll try again. I agree with silk this is just BS by Ford making you buy a lariat to get something like heated mirrors that are standard on much cheaper cars. It's actually insulting Ford thinks I'm a cheap bastard because I don't want a damn lariat stick the stupid lariat I want a real truck and no offense to those of you who love your lariats but I don't need all the bullshit that comes with that.

Togve

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I agree. Ford is failing their customers and the public in general. Allowing heated mirrors as an option on lower trim Rangers would not detract from the sale of the Lariat. It has enough features to make it unique already. Yet I can't figure out the rational behind not having that option even if it's at an added cost. Let the costumer decide. Hopefully if they make the Mirror glass or Lariat mirrors so expensive, maybe a third party manufacture might have the incentive to make them. We can only hope.

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
In my opinion, heated mirrors should be standard. The manual tells you that you should not scrape the glass, so then if it's iced up how am i supposed to clear my mirrors? Similarly, while i can usually see the BLIS light through ice, if the BLIS system has warnings in the manual telling me to "always check your mirrors" then why is a situation where i cannot clear my mirrors deemed acceptable by Ford?

From the Ford's i've driven, the heated mirrors were dropped on the fusion when the BLIS system became more standard, this suggests Ford thinks the BLIS can fully replaced heated mirrors, which i dont agree with.

DomOctober

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineering
In my opinion, heated mirrors should be standard. The manual tells you that you should not scrape the glass, so then if it's iced up how am i supposed to clear my mirrors? Similarly, while i can usually see the BLIS light through ice, if the BLIS system has warnings in the manual telling me to "always check your mirrors" then why is a situation where i cannot clear my mirrors deemed acceptable by Ford?

From the Ford's i've driven, the heated mirrors were dropped on the fusion when the BLIS system became more standard, this suggests Ford thinks the BLIS can fully replaced heated mirrors, which i dont agree with.
Agreed. Should have really been a safety consideration. What I do is use a 2 part isopropyl alcohol, 1 part water mix in a spray bottle and it works wonders to eliminate frost and ice on the mirrors.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I am 1/2 way to adding Lariat mirrors. Have the wiring plan worked out and have purchased 1 Oxford white lariat mirror. Waiting for a deal and/or another white mirror to start the install. I have started a thread and will detail how to make this mod. The easy part is the wiring, the hard part is finding mirror at a reasonable price. I paid $300 for the one I have, but since it already is painted to match my truck I thought it was worth it.
Heated mirrors should be std on all vehicles

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It's a pretty standard play across the board with all manufacturers. Bundle the most desirable options into the higher trim packages to force people upmarket. You guys can blame Ford all you want but it's industry wide.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yes if you have power mirrors or the blind side detection you have heated mirrors.

Just press your rear window defrost button to turn them on.
No, only Larriat mirrors are heated.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Unless the order guide and the build and price are wrong it does appear that the XLT 302A package for 2022 now includes heated mirrors.
Sponsored