First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
I just put a gator efx hard tonneau cover on. I have a Ford bedliner. This cover has 2 drain tubes at the front 2 corners. I can't find the drain holes ....do I need to take the bedliner out and reinstall? Or so I make my life simple and just plug up and block the drain tubes? Any info can be helpful thanks..
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There are two black plastic drain caps in the front of the bed that you will need to drill an appropriate sized hole in and then run the tubes into. I have a slide in bed liner in my truck, so I had to remove the bed liner and drill holes in that too. Getting those to line up was fun, NOT!

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
There are two black plastic drain caps in the front of the bed that you will need to drill an appropriate sized hole in and then run the tubes into. I have a slide in bed liner in my truck, so I had to remove the bed liner and drill holes in that too. Getting those to line up was fun, NOT!
Ok...so u wouldn't recommend blocking up a d sealing off the drain tubes on the cover?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...so u wouldn't recommend blocking up a d sealing off the drain tubes on the cover?
Nah. It'll eventually drop water into your bed. If you don't have a bed liner, and you don't want to drill holes in those little plugs, you can just let them hang. The nose of the bed isn't sealed and the water will eventually drain out of there (even though the joint between the front wall of the bed and the bed flor will get clogged up with dirt and debris over time).
Sponsored