Does the XLT 302A Package come with heated mirrors?

RussB

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f 150
I ordered a new Ranger XLT 4x2 sport super cab with 302A package with technology package what I am trying to figure out does it have heated mirrors.
Sponsored

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I ordered a new Ranger XLT 4x2 sport super cab with 302A package with technology package what I am trying to figure out does it have heated mirrors.
I don't believe the 302a comes with heated mirrors. I only saw that as an option for the Lariat.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Does anybody know if you can push an electric mirror in manually?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody know if you can push an electric mirror in manually?
I've done it on a couple of my vehicles, especially in the winter if they get wet and freeze. Makes a clicking sound, so I wouldn't do it all the time. They will "reset" when you cycle them.

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
As long as the vehicle is not in park. Example a car wash be sure to stay in neutral and you can push them in by hand.

Dgm3306

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Yes if you have power mirrors or the blind side detection you have heated mirrors.

Just press your rear window defrost button to turn them on.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I thought that heated mirrors, mirror turn signal lghts and the puddle lights were only available on Lariats. If I'm reading the order guide correctly, I think that is true - this is from the XLT section (this is included with the 301/302 packages):

Power-Folding Sideview Mirrors w/Power Glass

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/2020-ranger-order-guide-12-1-2019-update-pdf.26023/

That is the 2020 order guide but I don't think that changed between 2019 and 2020.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Yes if you have power mirrors or the blind side detection you have heated mirrors.

Just press your rear window defrost button to turn them on.
Sorry not. I have have power mirrors and blind detection and no heated mirrors. As stated earlier, only Lariat's get heated mirrors.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I would like to add them to mine but have not taken the mirror off to see what the plug and wires look like. I am thinking after doing some research that it is not a plug and play situation.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to add them to mine but have not taken the mirror off to see what the plug and wires look like. I am thinking after doing some research that it is not a plug and play situation.
Someone posted a YouTube video of retrofitting heated mirrors and it looked pretty involved. It wasn't for a Ranger but it seemed like the same issues would apply.

I've never had heated side mirrors before and they have already been useful a couple of times. It is one of the many little things that caused me to pick a Lariat over an XLT.

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
Nuts. Just discovered this. I was eyes wide open about no heated wheel but missed this feature. Should be standard. Guess Iā€™ll keep an old credit card handy.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Nuts. Just discovered this. I was eyes wide open about no heated wheel but missed this feature. Should be standard. Guess Iā€™ll keep an old credit card handy.
I said it in another thread on this topic and I'll say it here - heated mirrors should be a standard item that go along with heated rear glass. Some of the time with trucks you're hauling or towing something and can't see out of the rear anyway. Also, your mirrors are more likely to have ice/snow on them than the rear glass anyway. Why would they bother with heated rear glass but not mirrors? It's a safety thing more than a convenience thing.

Base model Subarus have heated mirrors and heated windshield wiper rests. Don't even get me started on why that isn't standard either.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
XLTs don't have the harness to add heated mirrors. I looked into this a while back as I had done this upgrade on my Frontier. But on the frontier I only needed to swap out the glass and run wires from GND and the rear defrost trigger wire. On the Ranger they don't sell the glass and the mirrors are crazy expensive, but I have not started looking at used parts.
Worst case would be to get a pair of Lariat mirrors and run wires for Heat, Turn signal, and puddle lights. Dont have a service manual yet so not sure if you can tap into an existing door GND and just run 3 wires or if you need separate GNDs and run 6 wires.

But I agree with everyone, heated mirrors are awesome and should have been included in at least the XLT/302A.
Sponsored