Does Ford offer a sunroof in the Ranger?

widetrax

First Name
lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger lariat tremor... 2022 maverick lariat
Occupation
retired
I have now decided to get a 2023 Ranger Tremor, and would like to have a sunroof on it. Looking at Ford's literature,, I have not seen one there---do they make them, and offer them for sale??
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I was asking around about a powered moonroof for my 2001 Ranger Supercab XLT 2WD, as my '88 standard cab had a pop up moon roof installed - loved it.

Was told I could have one installed in the Supercab w/o the suicide doors as the major roof/body support was behind the doors and ran from port/starboard.

Not so with the suicide rear doors, as the main support runs right down the middle - bow/stern. Was told it was the same with our trucks.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thank God they don't.

I've owned one vehicle or another since 1985 that had either a pop up roof or a powered roof.

One leak incident in a mis installed powered roof. Different roof dealer had to partially reinstall the roof as the first install had been incredibly sloppy - first roof dealer had already gone out of business.

Had a motor fail on another installation. Lifetime warranty on the motor - $100 labor to install. No other issues.

My 2020 Chrysler even has a 'Panoramic Moonroof' - motorized sunshade to boot. Stock image but correct interior color to mine.

2014-chrysler-300s-awd-black-navigation-panoramic-roof-only-33k-miles-warranty-9.jpeg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I've owned one vehicle or another since 1985 that had either a pop up roof or a powered roof.

One leak incident in a mis installed powered roof. Different roof dealer had to partially reinstall the roof as the first install had been incredibly sloppy - first roof dealer had already gone out of business.

Had a motor fail on another installation. Lifetime warranty on the motor - $100 labor to install. No other issues.

My 2020 Chrysler even has a 'Panoramic Moonroof' - motorized sunshade to boot. Stock image but correct interior color to mine.

2014-chrysler-300s-awd-black-navigation-panoramic-roof-only-33k-miles-warranty-9.jpeg
It's not the possibility of failure that make me dislike them. I've had many, never had a failure.

I feel the benefit in visibility and ventilation is not worth the cost in decreased headroom and for sportier vehicles weight up top. For example on your Chrysler that Panaramic sunroof costs you 1.5 inches up front and an inch in the rear.

I'm not super tall, but I wear hats and I like a little breathing room.

I like to buy loaded vehicles. And sunroofs are usually attached to the higher trim levels and packages. If they offered them on the 5G Ranger mine would probably have one. While it wouldn't be a deal breaker, I wouldn't be a fan.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
They have dealer installed ones. I know my dad needed to have one on his 03 f350. Kept that thing for 7 years and 195k and it never leaked. Back then they threw it in for free because it was a make or break item for him.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ford does not offer this for the Ranger.

There are companies that specialize in this as an aftermarket item and do a good job of it. Search the forum - there’s a thread by a member who had one installed on his Tremor.

I have one on my 2014 Passat - have never opened it or slid back the headliner cover in eight years. ?

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ford does not offer this for the Ranger.

There are companies that specialize in this as an aftermarket item and do a good job of it. Search the forum - there’s a thread by a member who had one installed on his Tremor.

I have one on my 2014 Passat - have never opened it or slid back the headliner cover in eight years. ?
Hoping it still works....

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I think I always spec’ed a sunroof. Then one day I realized I didn’t ever use them when I had them and always had the shade pulled closed to keep the sun from beating into the interior. Man, did THAT take a long time to figure out. Dope.

Hardly a day goes by that I don’t find another reason why I love this truck so much.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I like sunroofs, my wife hates them.

So, my Ranger doesn't have one and her XT5 has one so big even Donald Trump's head with fit through it lol