Does Ford offer a sunroof in the Ranger?

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I think I always spec’ed a sunroof. Then one day I realized I didn’t ever use them when I had them and always had the shade pulled closed to keep the sun from beating into the interior. Man, did THAT take a long time to figure out. Dope.

Hardly a day goes by that I don’t find another reason why I love this truck so much.
had one in my nissan sentra loved it, but i would close the sun shade 90% and leave up the pop up for air flow.

in my renegade had the dual mysky panels. the number of times i had both panels coiuld be counted on one hand of a guy who was missing a couple of fingers.

any thing other than a 60 degree day it just got to hot and you don't want to deal with it if a rain shower appears.

Glad my ranger doesn't have one. my desire for a convertible disappaeared with the renegade.
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Here’s my ‘22 Lariat Tremor with aftermarket sunroof. $2,200 installed. Looks and feels like a factory option.

D46BA78C-9C5F-4C56-B8F4-DF2B19865585.jpeg

5D073CEC-2935-442B-91BA-255633CD6CD5.jpeg

46B6BB6B-C3B4-4BFD-9A25-F993C726C709.jpeg
Truth be told it's probably the exact same unit used in factory installations.

Edit: I only paid $1,100 for a seemingly identical roof back in 2018. When I visit the installer I will cut out the west coast price and see what he quotes, or if he will even do it. Classic Soft Trim was the best in town - drove by there saturday and the building is empty... :(

Last edited:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Update: Classic Soft Trim is indeed still open and sells ASC/Signature moonroofs. Monday morning appointment for a fitment determination. This shop told me previously 2019+ Ranger wouldn't accept a moonroof. We're going to find out, as I have the images of the Hollandia 700 installation.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I am lukewarm on sunroofs and would not pay extra to get one.

I've had multiple vehicles with them and most were very rarely opened.

Right now my wife's car has one (rarely opened) and I have one in my Jeep that I actually use.

My Jeep is the first sunroof that I've used more than just a few times and I find myself opening it frequently.

I really don't know what's different about it. Maybe it's just that the wind noise covers up all the rest of the built-in Chrysler noises ?

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I am lukewarm on sunroofs and would not pay extra to get one.

I've had multiple vehicles with them and most were very rarely opened.

Right now my wife's car has one (rarely opened) and I have one in my Jeep that I actually use.

My Jeep is the first sunroof that I've used more than just a few times and I find myself opening it frequently.

I really don't know what's different about it. Maybe it's just that the wind noise covers up all the rest of the built-in Chrysler noises ?
My 300s has the Panoramic Moonroof with the motorized sunshade - I'm in love with it. My car with a stock image of the moonroof:

IMG_1193.JPG

2019-chrysler-300-panoramic-sunroof_d8045ea610b8cfab7d41eec2316a9fa8-1920x1280.jpeg

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Attended appointment with the Classic Soft Trim (national vendor in my area) this afternoon. They stated they had an equivalent Signature (ASC) moonroof for my Lariat, after submitting kmedford's images.

Install appointment set up for 9/20 - quoted price of $1,700 before taxes. I previously stated 5g Ranger was ineligible for moonroof. I'll report back once the moonroof is installed.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Moonroof vendor just phoned - moving install appointment up to tomorrow morning. Lariat will be ready for pickup friday afternoon. :)

OP
OP

widetrax

First Name
lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger lariat tremor... 2022 maverick lariat
Occupation
retired
Moonroof vendor just phoned - moving install appointment up to tomorrow morning. Lariat will be ready for pickup friday afternoon. :)
[/QUOTE
Please post a picture of the installation,, thanks!!

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
I am really interested in this and love Kmedford's install, I just don't know if I have the kahonies to let someone cut into my roof!!! :shock:

LB

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I am really interested in this and love Kmedford's install, I just don't know if I have the kahonies to let someone cut into my roof!!! :shock:

LB
If you really want one you won't think twice. :)

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Picked up Ranger from Classic Soft Trim yesterday. Happy with the moonroof install overall, but disappointed that a number of 'features' were left out, compared to previous installations. Keep in mind this is a Signature/ASC product and not a Webasto product.

First Signature/ASC Ranger installation in my local area, perhaps nationwide, according to the local shop. No dedicated installation 'kit' for 5g Ranger.

My previous S197 Mustang and Mercury Marauder (panther body) had Signature/ASC moonroofs installed by the same shop.

Both had: Auto Close when wipers turned on and Auto Close when vehicle turned off. Current setup on 5g Ranger has neither. Ranger does have Auto Close when the driver's door is opened. Auto Close can be stopped by depressing any button on the control unit.

Signature/ASC inbuilt (slides into the roof) Moonroof, 840 model. $1,699 plus sales tax installed.

Control unit illuminates 'red' after dark, same as previous units.

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

OP
OP

widetrax

First Name
lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger lariat tremor... 2022 maverick lariat
Occupation
retired
Picked up Ranger from Classic Soft Trim yesterday. Happy with the moonroof install overall, but disappointed that a number of 'features' were left out, compared to previous installations. Keep in mind this is a Signature/ASC product and not a Webasto product.

First Signature/ASC Ranger installation in my local area, perhaps nationwide, according to the local shop. No dedicated installation 'kit' for 5g Ranger.

My previous S197 Mustang and Mercury Marauder (panther body) had Signature/ASC moonroofs installed by the same shop.

Both had: Auto Close when wipers turned on and Auto Close when vehicle turned off. Current setup on 5g Ranger has neither. Ranger does have Auto Close when the driver's door is opened. Auto Close can be stopped by depressing any button on the control unit.

Signature/ASC inbuilt (slides into the roof) Moonroof, 840 model. $1,699 plus sales tax installed.

Control unit illuminates 'red' after dark, same as previous units.

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG
Beautiful Progeny,, I love it!!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Wow, it's tiny. With the front seat head position I don't know how much you'd get to appreciate the opening. No hard-wired controls? I had a co-worker get a blinged-out hybrid F-150 a year or so ago with the factory dual glass roof and that was cool. But to me, this wouldn't satisfy my desire for open air trucking. Don't mean to come off critical but it seems to be Bronco territory.
Sponsored

Last edited: