Do you think they’ll bring back the “Splash” Ranger?

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if a nostalgic return of the Splash will make a return. Being 45, I remember when they came out and thought they were pretty cool at the time. Friend and I took one for a test drive and for whatever we reason he didn’t buy it. They were pretty much everywhere at the time.

The 90’s are gone along with the flare side bed, but can’t help but think they may consider bringing it back.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm a huge stepside bed fan.... I'd like to see it.

I built this '65 C-10 and some fella from New Zealand bought it. I did a ton of work to the bed.. cut it down the center, widened it 4 inches, tubbed it, radiused the bed rails, added aluminum slots. Added a '67 Camaro dash and used original side trim... in a non original fashion.

FL A 3-4.jpg

LR  3-4.jpg

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I think the flare side would look weird on the current (much higher) chassis

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’d love to see it make a comeback. My first truck was similar to a Splash, it was a black 1997 Ranger regular cab Flareside with the chrome steel 5 spokes. It was a great little truck!

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Slash would be a fun blast from the past! I could see it more of a "sticker package" but not in a flareside now. I agree with VAMike.... I don't see how they could hack it and make it actually look good and flow with the current body style. I'd be afraid it would come out looking like the Tunda flareside (ugly). Plus with most people buying stubby bed Rangers, I don't see how they would justify even making one.

Just so I don't come off as a party pooper..... My first vehicle I after my first beater was a 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport Flareside. 220,000 miles and the second trans failed, it was time to move on. :crying: 5R55E was a POS!

On kinda the same thought, I wonder if they could have an "FX4 Level II" as well or maybe that's their plan for the Raptor Ranger model?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Slash would be a fun blast from the past! I could see it more of a "sticker package" but not in a flareside now. I agree with VAMike.... I don't see how they could hack it and make it actually look good and flow with the current body style. I'd be afraid it would come out looking like the Tunda flareside (ugly). Plus with most people buying stubby bed Rangers, I don't see how they would justify even making one.

Just so I don't come off as a party pooper..... My first vehicle I after my first beater was a 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport Flareside. 220,000 miles and the second trans failed, it was time to move on. :crying: 5R55E was a POS!

On kinda the same thought, I wonder if they could have an "FX4 Level II" as well or maybe that's their plan for the Raptor Ranger model?
I had a Level II as well, I’d love to see it back too!

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
My first new vehicle was a 1999 Ranger XLT flareside...not a Splash, but I always liked the look of the flareside more than the fleetside. Can't imagine it'd look good on today's version, though.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
Side steps were really not all that functional on mine.

Also = less bed in bed.

To the point, I do hope Ford brings it back as an all electric. The Ranger E-Splash. OK, I jest.
Less bed in bed maybe so, but the flare side holds more stuff; no bottleneck.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I think I need to break out Photoshop

Gard