How do you remove these plastic screws holding the fender liner splash guards?

bRaptor

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT tremor
Unfortunately, every one is hit or miss and I have spent too much time fumbling with these. The best method I have found is to put a small flathead screwdriver under the ring of the rivet and apply pressure. Then, this will allow you to back out the screw with a Phillips head. I believe they're really meant for putting in more than taking out. Over repeated attempts, you will need to replace these anyways.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
You unscrew them until they stop backing out, They will usually free-spin when they're half way out.
You then use a plastic rivet removal tool (picture below) to remove the base of the clip out.
s-l400.jpg

You don't need this tool, You can use side cutters(don't cut lol) or similar tool to get behind the base of the clip.
Same. After most of the screws broke I got some strong magnets on Amazon and use them instead. Much faster. They come in a 6 pack, I used 3, been almost a year and I've only lost one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089D33ZL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
You trust magnets to hold the splash guard on? Even with all the air flow, road debris, mud, ice and slush build up?
Those magnets are quite strong so I wouldn't have an issue using em.

Excluding severe cross winds, the inner fenders dont see too much turbulence.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
You trust magnets to hold the splash guard on? Even with all the air flow, road debris, mud, ice and slush build up?
Like I said, I've had them on for almost a year and only lost one. They're adhesive on one side and I stuck them to the outside side of the flap. If I lose another one I'll try Gorilla Glue but they're okay so far and in Pennsylvania the weather is shit half the time. Heat, cold, rain, snow, we get it all.

Also I think that in ten years the flap will be missing from most Rangers anyway.
Sponsored